British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Newcastle Gems NT 2020

Good to see Newcastle Doing this the right way by announcing riders before things get started and not just picking a random 7 whose doing the best like Cradley and others did when they just entered the National Trophy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Good to see Newcastle Doing this the right way by announcing riders before things get started and not just picking a random 7 whose doing the best like Cradley and others did when they just entered the National Trophy

But the two teams have different philosophies, Newcastle will want to increase their asset base for the future, but Cradley has no senior team so wanted to win!

On 1/16/2020 at 8:38 PM, Islander15 said:

It says 6 or 7 home meetings. So are they running 3 or 4 challenge meetings to supplement the NT?

Obvious choices for Challenge matches would be the Northern tracks they don't meet in NT, Belle Vue & Edinburgh, plus maybe a double header against both Kent teams?

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Obvious choices for Challenge matches would be the Northern tracks they don't meet in NT, Belle Vue & Edinburgh, plus maybe a double header against both Kent teams?

Rob G has said on Facebook one of the Challenges will be against a Stoke Select side

• Like 1

From Rob Grants Facebook page 

Well folks im going to do this a bit different to how it should be done, but after all i am the gaffer ha.     

The 2020 Newcastle Gems

1. Max Clegg
2. Joe Alcock
3. Jamie Halder
4. Josh Embleton
5. Leon Flint
6. Ryan Mcdonald
7. Archie Freeman

I am very proud, that my first season in charge I will be doing something for the British youth and helping them through the ranks of British Speedway.  Good luck for this season lads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

From Rob Grants Facebook page 

Well folks im going to do this a bit different to how it should be done, but after all i am the gaffer ha.     

The 2020 Newcastle Gems

1. Max Clegg
2. Joe Alcock
3. Jamie Halder
4. Josh Embleton
5. Leon Flint
6. Ryan Mcdonald
7. Archie Freeman

I am very proud, that my first season in charge I will be doing something for the British youth and helping them through the ranks of British Speedway.  Good luck for this season lads.

Quite a nice blends of youth and experience. I do think that team will struggle on the away tracks with a couple of riders in there who haven’t ridden an awful lot but Clegg & Flint will nearly go through the card every home meeting. Tbf Clegg could go through the whole NT campaign home and away unbeaten! But the main point is to get experience for them all which they will get at Brough Park and good to see Rob Grant putting effort into the venture. 

5 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Quite a nice blends of youth and experience. I do think that team will struggle on the away tracks with a couple of riders in there who haven’t ridden an awful lot but Clegg & Flint will nearly go through the card every home meeting. Tbf Clegg could go through the whole NT campaign home and away unbeaten! But the main point is to get experience for them all which they will get at Brough Park and good to see Rob Grant putting effort into the venture. 

Flint go through the card at Newcastle? I doubt it judging by previous outings around our patch. Clegg SHOULD be unbeaten but he is only human.

Halder and McDonald a surprise. Still young I suppose but McDonalds been around a few years and not got above a three average in the NL and that leaves a weak reserve pairing. They haven't got many matches to tune into any home advantage but looking forward to see how this team fares. 

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Flint go through the card at Newcastle? I doubt it judging by previous outings around our patch. Clegg SHOULD be unbeaten but he is only human.

Halder and McDonald a surprise. Still young I suppose but McDonalds been around a few years and not got above a three average in the NL and that leaves a weak reserve pairing. They haven't got many matches to tune into any home advantage but looking forward to see how this team fares. 

Flint is one of the best riders in the league, in fact he has the 4th highest average of NT riders (and that includes Clegg). Brough Park will be a new track for most NL riders and I’m sure Leon will get some practice in too. 

Edited by Islander15

17 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Depends how many Challenge matches there's going to be.