British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Newcastle Gems NT 2020

On 1/25/2020 at 8:04 AM, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Is there not a rule that now prevents riding BNL if a 4+ average has been achieved in the BCL?

Can anyone clarify this?

16 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Can anyone clarify this?

One rider per team I thought with CL average over 4 points allowed in NDL Team

On 25 January 2020 at 10:58 AM, StevePark said:

Depends how many Challenge matches there's going to be.

Be surprised if there's any as they would have to pay the oppositions wages/ travel as well.

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

Be surprised if there's any as they would have to pay the oppositions wages/ travel as well.

There will be.  Rob has already stated there will be 6 or 7 home matches, which means 3 or 4 Challenge matches, which includes a Challenge against a Stoke Select side.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 11:39 AM, HGould said:

One rider per team I thought with CL average over 4 points allowed in NDL Team

Almost right, it's one rider per team who's EVER had a Championship ave over 4.00, but as far as I know no maximum limit!

All the Gems have to do is keep it close for most of the match & will then clean up in heats 13&15!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 5:34 PM, StevePark said:

There will be.  Rob has already stated there will be 6 or 7 home matches, which means 3 or 4 Challenge matches, which includes a Challenge against a Stoke Select side.

There’s 3 challenge meeting in April v Berwick ,Redcar ,Ashfield there in the fixtures 

• Like 2

Taken from British Speedway website:

The club have also confirmed David Wallinger has joined their National Trophy line-up, as initial plans to include Leon Flint are not possible under the regulations. Wallinger joins Josh Embleton and Archie Freeman as announced starters for the Gems.

And this from the Diamonds website:

spacer.png
  Firstly, Newcastle Speedway are very disappointed that Leon Flint will not be able to line up for them in the National Trophy this season after a decision by the BSPA means that the youngster couldn’t line up for Newcastle in that competition and also ride for another club in the National League itself.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Dickie Head
Additional info

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

The club have also confirmed David Wallinger has joined their National Trophy line-up, as initial plans to include Leon Flint are not possible under the regulations. Wallinger joins Josh Embleton and Archie Freeman as announced starters for the Gems.

spacer.png
  Firstly, Newcastle Speedway are very disappointed that Leon Flint will not be able to line up for them in the National Trophy this season after a decision by the BSPA means that the youngster couldn’t line up for Newcastle in that competition and also ride for another club in the National League itself.

Any thoughts?

My initial thought is that British Speedway is rather behind the times as far as riders for the Gems are concerned, as all seven have been named!  Plus Leon hasn't been named in an NL 1-7 (I know that doesn't mean he hasn't signed for anybody), so the plot thickens!!

32 minutes ago, StevePark said:

My initial thought is that British Speedway is rather behind the times as far as riders for the Gems are concerned, as all seven have been named!  Plus Leon hasn't been named in an NL 1-7 (I know that doesn't mean he hasn't signed for anybody), so the plot thickens!!

Signed for Edinburgh 

2 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

spacer.png

Any thoughts?

Stupid decision by BSPA, as it's surely hard to sign 7 riders willing to race in NT only & not want the extra meetings NL will give!

As long as a rider (Flint) doesn't ride for a club in the NT (Armadale) what's the issue?

Not sure how I feel about this new rule. The Cradley situation a few seasons ago was exactly the same as Newcastles yet they were allowed to pick an all star team to compete in the trophy which did make it a fiasco so I understand the BSPA not wanting a repeat of that. But why has it taken the BSPA so long to take action ? Do they and Jason Pipe , the so called head of the NL , not speak? 

Perhaps Newcastle were ill advised on how they could make up the side?

the team would have been sent for approval before announced but it takes over 2 weeks after that  before they say it’s not allowed