British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Newcastle Gems NT 2020

16 hours ago, pete cc said:

Start one ?

Changing title keeps the Gems stuff all in one place which I feel is useful. I am pleased title has been changed rather than a new thread 

what do you people have against Wallinger the man just wants to ride his bike and im sure would do a good job in the NL. 

1 hour ago, Greg said:

what do you people have against Wallinger the man just wants to ride his bike and im sure would do a good job in the NL. 

Nothing personal but he is exactly the sort of rider who shouldn't be in the NL!! In this instance he's doing Newcastle a favour but its ridiculous they have had to turn to him and then be 5pts under the limit 

6 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Nothing personal but he is exactly the sort of rider who shouldn't be in the NL!! In this instance he's doing Newcastle a favour but its ridiculous they have had to turn to him and then be 5pts under the limit 

Don't see why he shouldn't be in the league? He's at the level he's meant to be at? Is it because he's not 16 or under? Not EVERYONE can be a youngster... I'm excited to see David around Brough as he was pretty entertaining last time, seems a hard but fair rider and he's pretty local too... I'm sure he was beating Leon around Brough also? More used to the track perhaps?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Don't see why he shouldn't be in the league? He's at the level he's meant to be at? Is it because he's not 16 or under? Not EVERYONE can be a youngster... I'm excited to see David around Brough as he was pretty entertaining last time, seems a hard but fair rider and he's pretty local too... I'm sure he was beating Leon around Brough also? More used to the track perhaps?

I agree with you. He did a good solid job for Kent last year and was very popular. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Dandelion said:

He halved his average last year and is nearer state pension age than Flint’s age! 

Edited by Islander15

4 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

He halved his average last year and is nearer state pension age than Flint’s age! 

He will easily be a big scorer around Newcastle and compared to others that have ridden in this league he is still a yougster.

For reasons known or unknown Wally has ridden for or at the majority of the NL sides, is available on a "bargain" sub 4 average and yet nobody else wanted to sign him? Other major issue will be riding order who will take the number 5 jacket? 

16 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Because the NL should be for either young upcoming riders who are looking to progress or older riders who can pass on knowledge not perennial 4pt riders. Its not Newcastles fault or Wallingers but he shouldnt be allowed near the NL  

8 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Because the NL should be for either young upcoming riders who are looking to progress or older riders who can pass on knowledge not perennial 4pt riders. Its not Newcastles fault or Wallingers but he shouldnt be allowed near the NL  

In this day and age you can't discriminate against age, can't see a reason not to allow Wallinger to ride in NDL!

20 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

He will easily be a big scorer around Newcastle and compared to others that have ridden in this league he is still a yougster.

We will see if he’s ‘easily a big scorer’ but he has been signed to replace the second heat leader yet he has never achieved an average over 7! Even if by some miracle he does excellent this season, is he really going to be promoted to the Diamonds set up and be a prominent figure for years like Clegg is looking like he could be and other Gems like Freeman and Halder could be?!

On 18 February 2020 at 10:39 AM, Islander15 said:

We will see if he’s ‘easily a big scorer’ but he has been signed to replace the second heat leader yet he has never achieved an average over 7! Even if by some miracle he does excellent this season, is he really going to be promoted to the Diamonds set up and be a prominent figure for years like Clegg is looking like he could be and other Gems like Freeman and Halder could be?!

We get it, you don't like Wallinger, now move on.

• Haha 2

On 2/17/2020 at 11:31 PM, szkocjasid said:

In this day and age you can't discriminate against age, can't see a reason not to allow Wallinger to ride in NDL!

I totally agree with that.  So far as I am concerned, it does not matter to me how old or young a rider may be, it is his attitude to

the job that I am interested in.  If he has the talent, he is worth a place,  age does not come into it. Rob Ledwith a super exmple.

Nearly 50 years old but the enthusiasm of a teenager.