British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Transfer Window

So a transfer window has been introduced.What's the thoughts of the speedway public.Early thoughts from me is i think it is a good idea.

Taken from the BSPA website.

BRITISH Speedway’s Premiership teams will have a transfer window to work to next season.

Club bosses have voted in a proposal to restrict the opportunity to sign riders.

Signings can now only be made, apart from proven injury, after 25 per cent of Premiership fixtures and before 75 per cent are complete.

In addition, only two team changes are permitted during this time.

British Speedway Chairman Rob Godfrey said: “This ruling now means clubs have to be particularly prudent when making signings and won’t just make changes for the sake of it.

“The regulation comes into force for the 2020 season.”

Godfrey has also confirmed fixture planning is well advanced.

“The fixture planning is always complex because of stadium availability, clashes of dates with other countries, culminating in rider availability.

“My information is we should almost be there now in terms of planning the Premiership and Championship, there are just a couple of sticking points which need to be addressed.”

Looks like the Swedish doctor is going to be busy proving injuries next year then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wolves will have to do something pretty sharpish if they are to claw back those 2pts under ??

• Haha 1

Another rule that is open to manipulation.

In theory its not a bad idea, but as is ever the case with the association, they probably won’t enforce it when a doctors note comes in.

If it’s a genuine absence then that is fine, but I’ll bet my last dollar that at least half won’t be.

22 minutes ago, acef said:

Another rule that is open to manipulation.

In theory its not a bad idea, but as is ever the case with the association, they probably won’t enforce it when a doctors note comes in.

If it’s a genuine absence then that is fine, but I’ll bet my last dollar that at least half won’t be.

BSPA-appointed doctor is what is needed.

• Like 2

Any ruling that brings about the way teams will make changes is a good thing.

Seems it only applies to the Premiership though.

Good idea to restrict in my view, even if it's only to a lesser degree.

mark lemon mentioned this ruling pre xmas at the b/vue supporters meeting mark had some input into the ruling !!

Edited by geoff58

Is it 25% of fixtures overall?  So start later and you could still makes changes after just a handful of meetings?  No doubt there'll be winners and losers as always and we'll all debate it on here :D

16 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Is it 25% of fixtures overall?  So start later and you could still makes changes after just a handful of meetings?  No doubt there'll be winners and losers as always and we'll all debate it on here :D

For fairness, the window will have to open at the same time for everyone

Rules being made up after the AGM?

so what's the point of the AGM!

This is yet another one that will be manipulated by the more unscrupulous promoters with more dubious sick notes that cannot be questioned . 

39 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I assumed it would be for individual clubs that when they have completed 6 matches they can make transfers,then when they have completed 18 they can't.

• Like 4

I don't think it's a bad thing at all. However, the manipulation is still possible via the Doctors note. 

A step in the right direction though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Rules being made up after the AGM?

so what's the point of the AGM!

This is yet another one that will be manipulated by the more unscrupulous promoters with more dubious sick notes that cannot be questioned . 

Normally when a dubious sick note is produced the team involved are only using a guest or R/R as a replacement.For a transfer to take place i wouldn't think you would be able to produce a dubious sick note as this would have to be over a longer course of time i would expect.

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Normally when a dubious sick note is produced the team involved are only using a guest or R/R as a replacement.For a transfer to take place i wouldn't think you would be able to produce a dubious sick note as this would have to be over a longer course of time i would expect.

It only has to apply for the last quarter of the season which could be as little as 4-6 weeks.

How about a bad photo copy of an email from a supposed Danish Doctor saying " Rider sick , Not Ride" and a copy of a doctors business card alongside it?

its been done before and lasted some considerable time even though it's authenticity was questioned to be answered by " this has gone on for years , live with it!".