British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Transfer Window

32 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

It only has to apply for the last quarter of the season which could be as little as 4-6 weeks.

How about a bad photo copy of an email from a supposed Danish Doctor saying " Rider sick , Not Ride" and a copy of a doctors business card alongside it?

its been done before and lasted some considerable time even though it's authenticity was questioned to be answered by " this has gone on for years , live with it!".

I know things like this have gone on for years.But surely for a transfer to take place the injury has to be long term,ie over 6 weeks.Surely even the BSPA have thought of that.

"proven injury" is the obvious flaw,should be that an "injured"rider is deemed to be injured if also not racing in any other country,in team or individual  meeting

• Like 1

Too late, Poole have changed leagues :D 

A good idea IF it’s properly administered. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Now Poole have gone I don't see what this ruling adds. Can't think of any team last season or before that that's made many changes for the sake of change. 

While it sounds like something, it's actually nothing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I know things like this have gone on for years.But surely for a transfer to take place the injury has to be long term,ie over 6 weeks.Surely even the BSPA have thought of that.

Maybe the doc signing the sick note should have to give estimated time that the rider will return to fitness. rider not allowed to ride before that date, might stop rider collusion.

I think this is a really bad idea. Any underperforming rider will be safe in the knowledge that he doesn't have to up his game, his place is secure. In other sports there are reserves champing at the bit, waiting for their big chance. Speedway isn't like that. There's seven and that's it. By this rule, my beloved Aces would have been stuck with for example Filip Sitera or Ricky Wells and not been able to replace him while he takes the piss and tootles round. 

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Rules being made up after the AGM?

so what's the point of the AGM!

This is yet another one that will be manipulated by the more unscrupulous promoters with more dubious sick notes that cannot be questioned . 

It was thought up at the AGM. Lemon mentioned it in a belle vue YouTube video.

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

It was thought up at the AGM. Lemon mentioned it in a belle vue YouTube video.

Correct.  It's a rule that was voted in at the AGM.

Not a bad idea, and certainly better than the 31 July or 31 August transfer deadlines we've had previously.

At the start of the season no team can kick a rider out until they've ridden 6 matches.  At the end of the season once you've completed 18 matches you have to stick with your team for the last 6 matches and play-offs.

This is much fairer as all teams are working to the same deadline.   With a cut-off at a specific date (31 July or 31 August) teams have done uneven numbers of meetings at that date, so they can fiddle their way round the rules.

Of course there will still be ways to fiddle, but lessthan with a set-date deadline.

• Like 2

I am reading this that you can change as many riders as you like each time you make a change, but you can only change the team twice. Can see more r/r and guests while teams get all their ducks in a row before making a change.

29 minutes ago, CatAndy said:

I think this is a really bad idea. Any underperforming rider will be safe in the knowledge that he doesn't have to up his game, his place is secure. In other sports there are reserves champing at the bit, waiting for their big chance. Speedway isn't like that. There's seven and that's it. By this rule, my beloved Aces would have been stuck with for example Filip Sitera or Ricky Wells and not been able to replace him while he takes the piss and tootles round. 

changes can be made after 6 matches = 25% plenty time !!

4 hours ago, geoff58 said:

wolves will have to do something pretty sharpish if they are to claw back those 2pts under ??

Nonsense. We can do something now if that was the plan! :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nonsense. We can do something now if that was the plan! :rolleyes:

7 already named !!

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

7 already named !!

And?? :rolleyes:

Peterborough had their team named last season and that soon changed before a wheel was even turned.irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And?? :rolleyes:

Peterborough had their team named last season and that soon changed before a wheel was even turned.irrelevant.

I can confidently say that will be your 7 for the first 6 matches FACT 

• Haha 1