British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve19620

Leicester v Reading 13 May 1980

Hi there.

Can anybody confirm the which heats Ian Clark and Colin Cook rode for Leicester in this meeting please ?

The heat details published in the Speedway Star advise that Ian Clark scored 6 points whilst Colin Cook scored 1 point.

It looks like Ian Clark replaced Colin Cook in either heat 6 or 10 not both heats as advised in the Speedwat Star.

Does anybody has a completed programme to confirm which heats actually Colin Cook rode ?

Thanks for reading.

Steve

If I manage to get into the loft this week I will see if I have a programme for this one.

I have a completed programme which shows Clark in both heats 6 & 10.

This would seem to suggest the error is in Speedway Star's list of Leicester point scorers which should be Cook 1 and Clark 6. 

However that would mean the Yearbook (which has Cook 2, Clark 5) is also wrong.

PS would have replied earlier but I was in Costa Rica, and didn't take my programme collection with me 

Edited by arnieg

Just checked, looks like I missed that one (I was only 13).

Being a Reading meeting I am disappointed that Arnie hadn't got everything memorised lol.

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

Just checked, looks like I missed that one (I was only 13).

Being a Reading meeting I am disappointed that Arnie hadn't got everything memorised lol.

I missed it too. It was a month before my finals; I was busy brushing up my Galois theory and Shannon's theorem.