British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Hunter

2020 Fixtures

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Does anyone know when these might come out?

Per Rob Godfrey fixture planning is in a well advanced stage.

Well do we have a new record? First fixture amendment and not even half way through January. :D

I believe the pigeon is currently being prepared for its journey to HQ..

To be fair, it cannot be easy planning in fixtures when some teams haven't even got seven riders yet..

"Well, the ones I've got can be there on that Monday at the NSS, but the riders I haven't got yet might not"..:rolleyes:

The transfer window sounds like a move forward. Maybe a deadline for teams being announced should be brought in too?

Sweden had their fixtures announced in the first week of December 2019..

They race on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

Yet Thursday is a GB priority night?

So surely GB should put the fixture lists for Thursdays out first and Sweden work around that?

You can only suppose the Swedes think "sometime towards the end of January" is a bit late to inform riders, sponsors and fans of their fixture list..

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

I believe the pigeon is currently being prepared for its journey to HQ..

To be fair, it cannot be easy planning in fixtures when some teams haven't even got seven riders yet..

"Well, the ones I've got can be there on that Monday at the NSS, but the riders I haven't got yet might not"..:rolleyes:

The transfer window sounds like a move forward. Maybe a deadline for teams being announced should be brought in too?

Sweden had their fixtures announced in the first week of December 2019..

They race on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

Yet Thursday is a GB priority night?

So surely GB should put the fixture lists for Thursdays out first and Sweden work around that?

You can only suppose the Swedes think "sometime towards the end of January" is a bit late to inform riders, sponsors and fans of their fixture list..

think its only one random  meeting in sweden on the thursday its not  a  full round of matches so it will be fairly easy to work around and GB do have priority !!

• Like 1

I remember fans complaining years ago, that they would like fixtures by Xmas so they could book leave to go to away matches.

Pity they can't be done sooner as tracks need all the income they can get. Or maybe does not matter as much because more fans will have reached retirement age.

Only 4 team places available in premier league and 2 in championship.

13 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Fixtures out tomorrow.

probably should be :D

On the Speedway Star's web site this morning. 

2020 FIXTURES

The 2020 season is fast-approaching and the fixtures are out. We have the Premiership and Championship fixtures in this week's magazine.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

On the Speedway Star's web site this morning. 

2020 FIXTURES

The 2020 season is fast-approaching and the fixtures are out. We have the Premiership and Championship fixtures in this week's magazine.

On BSPA site this morning too

Excellent to see the 2020 fixtures have now been released and i have updated the relevant wikipedia pages.

But I have notice that there are no fixtures for the SGB Championship Shield listed, so does anyone know if has this competition been scrapped?

3 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

Excellent to see the 2020 fixtures have now been released and i have updated the relevant wikipedia pages.

But I have notice that there are no fixtures for the SGB Championship Shield listed, so does anyone know if has this competition been scrapped?

I think they must have looked into this and come to the conclusion they couldn't be fitted in now that each club has 15 home league fixtures.