British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KingIvan

2020 ODDS FOR WORLD CHAMPION

Madsen for me to win the world title hes got everything in his locker his consistancy is unbelievable in the polish league and the gps. 

easier for a rider to win a round than be world champion so if hes 3s for both more chance of a "pick up" if betting the round

16 hours ago, poole keith said:

easier for a rider to win a round than be world champion so if hes 3s for both more chance of a "pick up" if betting the round

So if have £ 300 on a rider to win in a round and he never wins what then ? are you Starmans brother

you omitted the question mark orion after your second question no worries,obviously if you make a losing selection you lose your money thats pretty obvious.A lot of people prefer to bet on a" round" rather than the final outcome,99%of football bets are on each weekly "round" not the league winners,i know people who bet on the snooker rounds but not ante post the outright winner,same with many many sports.as i dont know who you are orion i cant  and wont make any comment on your possible relations.

Madsen’s round price will normally be above 3/1 unless he wins the first couple so it does make sense. I got him at 14s at Warsaw and I think 13/2 at Cardiff. Most meetings last year he was around 11/2 except at Toruń which his price was quite short if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, poole keith said:

you omitted the question mark orion after your second question no worries,obviously if you make a losing selection you lose your money thats pretty obvious.A lot of people prefer to bet on a" round" rather than the final outcome,99%of football bets are on each weekly "round" not the league winners,i know people who bet on the snooker rounds but not ante post the outright winner,same with many many sports.as i dont know who you are orion i cant  and wont make any comment on your possible relations.

Football and Snooker are head to head sports  so have nothing in common with a speedway market .that has 16 riders so  your point has zero value . But we are  getting away from the point that Starman was trying   to make that's isomehow it's better to back a rider in a round just because his odds are better than his overall odds . That makes no sense just like you saying it's easier to win a round and more chance of a pick up.

Edited by orion

It's one of those TBH. If you pick a rider to win outright, the odds can be short. But he can have some  bad rounds and still win the title. But with round winners you can pick a rider on form or who has a good record on a certain track, but if the have a bad one the bet is gone. It can't be recovered.It's whatever you prefer at the end of the day.. Each to their own.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's one of those TBH. If you pick a rider to win outright, the odds can be short. But he can have some  bad rounds and still win the title. But with round winners you can pick a rider on form or who has a good record on a certain track, but if the have a bad one the bet is gone. It can't be recovered.It's whatever you prefer at the end of the day.. Each to their own.

Spot on.what you want to bet on it's up to you.but  there is no logic in saying that you should back a rider in a round because his price is higher than his overall odds or that is easier to pick rounds winners than overall..

14 hours ago, Tim G said:

Madsen’s round price will normally be above 3/1 unless he wins the first couple so it does make sense. I got him at 14s at Warsaw and I think 13/2 at Cardiff. Most meetings last year he was around 11/2 except at Toruń which his price was quite short if I remember correctly.

Why does it make sense ?  you can t base it on results after the Event .. what if you get these prices and they don't win ?

4 hours ago, orion said:

Why does it make sense ?  you can t base it on results after the Event .. what if you get these prices and they don't win ?

Well it does to some even if it doesn’t to you. Each person will bet the way they see it best and how they feel they are getting the best value. I don’t see 3/1 to win the championship as good value but he might be 5/1 to win a certain round which I feel is value.

22 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Well it does to some even if it doesn’t to you. Each person will bet the way they see it best and how they feel they are getting the best value. I don’t see 3/1 to win the championship as good value but he might be 5/1 to win a certain round which I feel is value.

I never said what was best I said any bet will always have its merits and each can have value ..the question being asked  is why is it better just because the odds are higher than the overall odds . 

As nearly all the teams are nearly complete in the Premiership I would go the following odds

SWINDON          6/4

SHEFFIELD         4/1

IPSWICH              6/1

PETERBOROUGH 7/1

WOLVERHAMPTON   8/1

KINGS LYNN            10/1

BELLE VUE               12/1

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

As nearly all the teams are nearly complete in the Premiership I would go the following odds

SWINDON          6/4

SHEFFIELD         4/1

IPSWICH              6/1

PETERBOROUGH 7/1

WOLVERHAMPTON   8/1

KINGS LYNN            10/1

BELLE VUE               12/1

Comedy from the master again .. As Belle Vue are going to the outsiders and Sheffield the second favs . I expect when the odds come out it be Swindon , Wolves and Belle Vue at the top of the market and the  rest  a much of a muchess .

The above shows how little you understand betting and Speedway 

Edited by orion