British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KingIvan

2020 ODDS FOR WORLD CHAMPION

3 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Anyone know why Artem Laguta is 30/1 to become World Champion?

I think that is because they are the odds the Bookmakers are giving.:t:

Laguta is at 30/1 because that's what the bookmakers think his chances are given advise from their staff 

Speedway is a very small sport in the world of bookmakers & has very little history in gambling.

And Russian speedway has had minimal involvment at world individual level since the 60's/70's eras.

with all the SGP events now taking part in Poland & Czechia I think these odds are even more generous 

On 8/10/2020 at 6:26 PM, Fromafar said:

Vaculik at 11/1 looks good EW value given the venues of the GP’s.Has been in good form this year.

Can you remember where you saw those odds? I quite fancy an e/w punt at that price

22 minutes ago, iainb said:

Can you remember where you saw those odds? I quite fancy an e/w punt at that price

Bet 365 have Vaculik at 11/1 currently. Laguta at 14/1 is tempting too...

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Bet 365 have Vaculik at 11/1 currently. Laguta at 14/1 is tempting too...

Not so sure about Laguta, bit of a start tart... Having said that there's no "trick" tracks this year so I think going on current Polish form could be a wise move

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Not so sure about Laguta, bit of a start tart... Having said that there's no "trick" tracks this year so I think going on current Polish form could be a wise move

Wouldn’t go near him with a barge pole usually. Over a few weeks however, and in good form, e/w I could be tempted. 

No value in Zmarzlik (5/2), Madsen (3/1) or Sayfutdinov (7/2) for me. Tai is at 8/1, I can see him raising his game for the GPs but again I don’t think anything under 10s is worth the punt. 

Stuck a quid on Tai at 100/1 the year he won his first world title. Definitely one of those “if only I’d stuck a tenner on” bets... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Wouldn’t go near him with a barge pole usually. Over a few weeks however, and in good form, e/w I could be tempted. 

No value in Zmarzlik (5/2), Madsen (3/1) or Sayfutdinov (7/2) for me. Tai is at 8/1, I can see him raising his game for the GPs but again I don’t think anything under 10s is worth the punt. 

Stuck a quid on Tai at 100/1 the year he won his first world title. Definitely one of those “if only I’d stuck a tenner on” bets... 

You never see a poor bookie:D

Just done £12.50 e/w on Vaculik at 11/1 returning £200... watch him get injured now :cheers:

I hope you win the £200 Ian, I like Vaculik, just a tad more consistency and he can do it.  Mind you, I would be pleased if Madsen won, he deserved it last year (remember the fuel tank incident that robbed him of at least a second in that race).  They can’t both win, so let the scrap begin......... soon!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iainb said:

Bet 365

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I hope you win the £200 Ian, I like Vaculik, just a tad more consistency and he can do it.  Mind you, I would be pleased if Madsen won, he deserved it last year (remember the fuel tank incident that robbed him of at least a second in that race).  They can’t both win, so let the scrap begin......... soon!

Surely with the setup of this years series it's going to be more akin to Polish League racing than ever before, Madsen doesn't look fit at the moment, Zmarzlik hasn't really been that convincing away from Gorzow, Woffy's carrying a knock... that's what I keep telling myself anyway :rolleyes:

Was tempted by Janowski also at 25/1 for an e/w

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

Surely with the setup of this years series it's going to be more akin to Polish League racing than ever before, Madsen doesn't look fit at the moment, Zmarzlik hasn't really been that convincing away from Gorzow, Woffy's carrying a knock... that's what I keep telling myself anyway :rolleyes:

Was tempted by Janowski also at 25/1 for an e/w

Janowski look World Champ material most of the time,but then just throws in a bad one when it matters.Tempting@ 25/1 for a place.Agree regarding Madsen doesn’t look comfortable carrying an long term injury,might spoil his chances.

Edited by Fromafar