British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

14.03.2020 Ben Fund Bonanza, Scunthorpe

Ben fund meeting very important meeting should have been held at Ipswich but they could not get the track ready in time.  thanks to Scunthorpe and Josh Auty agreeing to let it be held just one week before his testimonial .Josh has also agreed to ride in it so fair play to the lad.

• Like 1

BEN FUND LINE-UP SO FAR:
Josh Auty, Jacob Thorssell, Nick Morris, Danny King, Lewis Kerr, Simon Lambert, Tom Bacon, Connor Mountain, Steve Worrall, Thomas Jorgensen, Ulrich Ostergaard, Andreas Jensen, Kasper Andersen, Paul Starke.

ADMISSION PRICES: Adults £20, Concessions £15, Children (12-16) £10, Children under 12 FREE.

Edited by ScunnyDan

Hasn’t been much interest on this thread...is it because it’s at Scunthorpe where lewy is always slagging Scunthorpe off or because there’s not much classy top notch riders committing to the cause.. I’m not sure what does anyone else think except lewy 

I had every intention of going to this from Ipswich but the line up isn’t very inspiring. 
thinking of waiting a week and going to belle vue instead 

I believe all true speedway followers should support the Bonanza.  In the years l couldn't attend personally l always gave the BenFund a donation. 

• Like 4

I’ve been to several over the years and it’s a fantastic cause but the top riders and many others seem to be too mercenary to compete. 
it’s the same old faces again. 
also middlos testimonial is short of many star names. When you consider how many world class riders have ridden in his teams yet can’t be bothered to ride. 
no doubt if you put a massive cash prize up they would be queuing up to fill their wallets 

I tried to find the full line on the Ben fund official website and found its not been updated for over a year.  It’s next meeting is at Peterborough 2019 apparently 

I then went to the BSPA site and used their link and it took me to the same site. I know it’s run by volunteers who do a fantastic job and raise huge amounts but the website really should be up to date. It’s only one meeting a year after all

• Like 3

Per Speedway GB website. Date/time, is Sunday 14 March 2020 (no start time given). Hope anyone going realises 14 March 2020,is Saturday and does not go Sunday. Hope they also know the start time 2pm. Line up also needs a few names adding.

It was originally down for the Sunday but was brought forward 24hrs to the Saturday so as not to compete with the meeting at Peterborough.

I was hoping that a few Premiership riders would be competing to give a bit of variety but unfortunately there’s only Thorssell that doesn’t ride Championship as well. 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:36 AM, Racin Jason 72 said:

I tried to find the full line on the Ben fund official website and found its not been updated for over a year.  It’s next meeting is at Peterborough 2019 apparently 

I then went to the BSPA site and used their link and it took me to the same site. I know it’s run by volunteers who do a fantastic job and raise huge amounts but the website really should be up to date. It’s only one meeting a year after all

Of course you are correct in what you say but in fact the SRBF doesn’t really have a website at the moment. The intention for some time has been to set up a new one but it is not yet ready. 

The full line up is now on the BSPA site. 

What I find totally disgusting is that a team have put their press and practice day on the same day as the Ben Fund meeting and forced one of their riders to withdraw from the Ben Fund meeting. Even worse is that the Ben Fun meeting was moved to accommodate the very same team with their now cancelled opening meeting. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The full line up is now on the BSPA site. 

What I find totally disgusting is that a team have put their press and practice day on the same day as the Ben Fund meeting and forced one of their riders to withdraw from the Ben Fund meeting. Even worse is that the Ben Fun meeting was moved to accommodate the very same team with their now cancelled opening meeting. 

Agree 100%    A public acknowledgement of their actions, including an apology to all the BenFund volunteers would not be out of place.   Maybe a sizeable donation would help, too.

• Thanks 1