British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

14.03.2020 Ben Fund Bonanza, Scunthorpe

James will be riding for Newcastle, do keep up. 

I think that anyone wanting to see speedway should be at Scunny tomorrow, it might be the only meeting any of us see live for three months!!!!!! 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

James will be riding for Newcastle, do keep up. 

I think that anyone wanting to see speedway should be at Scunny tomorrow, it might be the only meeting any of us see live for three months!!!!!! 

I think more people will go for this reason than us fans being guilt tripped to go because we’ll soon ‘forget’ about Ayres, Ashworth & Stead.  

Unfortunately being based here in the south it’s a long trip to the Bonanza. I don’t begrudge the entrance money though so I decided to pay for entry and save on fuel!

it was easy to do by pressing the ‘DONATE’ button on the SRBF website here........

http://www.srbf.co.uk/

according to the Press release today Danny Ayers wanted to add 100 people to the gate so maybe if you can’t make it but want to support it you might consider doing similar.... it’s a great time to support their efforts and help achieve Danny’s dream!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I think more people will go for this reason than us fans being guilt tripped to go because we’ll soon ‘forget’ about Ayres, Ashworth & Stead.  

I really hope so as the BEN fund Meeting is a fantastic worthy event. Sadly attendance will no doubt be affected.

The BSPA statement about Ayers Ashworth & Stead etc was stupid, Insensitive and disgraceful...whoever wrote it should be ashamed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I really hope so as the BEN fund Meeting is a fantastic worthy event. Sadly attendance will no doubt be affected.

The BSPA statement about Ayers Ashworth & Stead etc was stupid, Insensitive and disgraceful...whoever wrote it should be ashamed. 

It wasn’t a bspa statement it was from the organisation who run the Ben fund 

• Thanks 1

Meeting just been plugged on Talksport, well done to whoever contacted them, hope it helps add to the gate.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

Meeting just been plugged on Talksport, well done to whoever contacted them, hope it helps add to the gate.

Well done to Charlie Baker, just a shame Max Rushden brushed it off so he could talk about Russian football :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, JCookie said:

Has an actual speedway official honestly just said this in a press release? 

"In a few years time people will have forgotten about Danny (Ayres) and his family, Ricky (Ashworth) and Garry (Stead) but the Ben Fund won’t. And like all the paraplegics from speedway in the country they will be looked after on a regular basis."

Absolutely disgraceful.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.37968

The message is correct about the work of the Ben Fund and continuing support to riders in the years following tragic events but it's just very badly worded and a bit too specific. It's a fine line between getting it right and getting it wrong and sadly they hit the latter here.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Whats the weather like in Scunny? 

Going to be dry all day 

14 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Whats the weather like in Scunny? 

We had a bit of natural watering(rain) early morning but will be fine for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

First ride of the season James Sargeant breaks the tape.    :D

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Just hope the track isn’t like that for the rest of the season 

24 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Just hope the track isn’t like that for the rest of the season 

They will have a couple of months at least to work on it don't worry