British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

14.03.2020 Ben Fund Bonanza, Scunthorpe

Sargeant  should now receive a ban. Every fecking meeting. Sit still you plank.  Only way way you can win. Bloody annoying and makes people sit cold. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Just hope the track isn’t like that for the rest of the season 

What was wrong with the track?

31 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Sargeant  should now receive a ban. Every fecking meeting. Sit still you plank.  Only way way you can win. Bloody annoying and makes people sit cold. 

Honestly annoys me so much... every single meeting he's in, 

• Like 2

Hope a lot of money was raised, but I should imagine that is probably the end of speedway for a couple of months now.

Norfolk County Indoor Bowls played in front of mainly just family members has been cancelled until the Autumn as from 6.00pm this evening.

30 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Was it a good crowd?

Excellent crowd. The car park was full with lots of people stood all around the track, I’d guess at 800-1000. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

What was wrong with the track?

Normally dirt on it which produces good races with plenty of overtaking 

You can only overtake if you have the skill, or power to do so. Seemed to me track was ok, not usual Championship amount of passing , but perhaps we at the EWR have been spoilt too much in the past?  Blame Rob's new Polish shale! :D

12 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Young Mr Sargeant has made a career from tape touching, you would think he would've realised by now.:blink:

Some people cannot learn ( or refuse to do so ) and he is clearly one of those. By the end of your teen years ( if not earlier ) your personality and attitudes are pretty much set. Bit late for him to change now.

Excellent meeting, started on time, very well run and some very good racing. Other clubs could learn from this as this how a speedway meeting should be run nearly 30 races done in just over two & half hours, excellent work by the promoter and the staff at Scunthorpe, lets have it here next year.

A proper race track lots of room for the riders to perform at there best, who says you need star names to make a good meeting. Thank you Scunthorpe.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Some people cannot learn ( or refuse to do so ) and he is clearly one of those. By the end of your teen years ( if not earlier ) your personality and attitudes are pretty much set. Bit late for him to change now.

You couldn’t be more wrong. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Excellent crowd. The car park was full with lots of people stood all around the track, I’d guess at 800-1000. 

I would say closer to 1100

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hodgy said:

If a rider breaks the tapes give them a £50 fine.    That would stop him doing it.      It must happen every meeting when Sarge is riding.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mark said:

If a rider breaks the tapes give them a £50 fine.    That would stop him doing it.      It must happen every meeting when Sarge is riding.

Well said. And it delays the completion of a heat by 5 min's at least.