British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Rye House 2020

7 minutes ago, Argos said:

Don’t worry the Speedway rights at Rye House have been sold and rest assured it’s in good hands, The new Promotor as a long history with the club, and he’s got brilliant financial backing, Not like Jolly who hasn’t two pennies to rub together,and by the way next Season will see RH in the a Championship 

I sincerely hope you are accurate, those who know me, know ALL I want is speedway back.

1 hour ago, Argos said:

Don’t worry the Speedway rights at Rye House have been sold and rest assured it’s in good hands, The new Promotor as a long history with the club, and he’s got brilliant financial backing, Not like Jolly who hasn’t two pennies to rub together,and by the way next Season will see RH in the a Championship 

That would be great if so

4 hours ago, Argos said:

This seems to have escalated quickly!

Why is Mr Jolly trying to get promoting rights if they have been sold?

There’s only one person who has a long history with the club and he is now in Kent!

23 minutes ago, GWC said:

This seems to have escalated quickly!

Why is Mr Jolly trying to get promoting rights if they have been sold?

There’s only one person who has a long history with the club and he is now in Kent!

I have not the slightest axe to grind. I know nothing about Kevin Jolly's ambitions. In fact, my knowledge of him belongs in the Years Gone By section.
But if you're talking about who I think you are, the possibilities for a Kent co promoter to be involved in a relaunch of Rye House looks geographically possible at least.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I have not the slightest axe to grind. I know nothing about Kevin Jolly's ambitions. In fact, my knowledge of him belongs in the Years Gone By section.
But if you're talking about who I think you are, the possibilities for a Kent co promoter to be involved in a relaunch of Rye House looks geographically possible at least.

I'd be suprised if Len took another track on at his age. The old boy can't go on forever, can he?

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

I'd be surprised if Len took another track on at his age. The old boy can't go on forever, can he? [edited out of respect]

I know what you mean. He was a top promoter when I started watching speedway. And that's a while ago!

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I know what you mean. He was a top promoter when I started watching speedway. And that's a while ago!

Too right. When i attended my first meeting as a kid way back in 1968, he was already promoting at Hackney and Rayleigh!

Len has been based in Kent for a long time. I think he sold up at Rye in the first place because  of his interest in Kent, which is closer to home for him. 

Would love to see the Rockets back on track, my only request would be the return of the blue and yellow with the traditional rocket on the race suit. The BMR rebrand was garbage. 

I’d probably attend more in the third tier too. The price shouldn’t be as expensive (hopefully) and the top two divisions are a shadow of what they used to be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

Len has been based in Kent for a long time. I think he sold up at Rye in the first place because  of his interest in Kent, which is closer to home for him. 

Would love to see the Rockets back on track, my only request would be the return of the blue and yellow with the traditional rocket on the race suit. The BMR rebrand was garbage. 

I’d probably attend more in the third tier too. The price shouldn’t be as expensive (hopefully) and the top two divisions are a shadow of what they used to be. 

The stadium plans will mean it is geared up to host Premiership/Championship level speedway. But maybe National league this season if the stadium is ready.

Is the speculation above merely speculation or fact regarding Len Silver?

29 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

The stadium plans will mean it is geared up to host Premiership/Championship level speedway. But maybe National league this season if the stadium is ready.

Only speculation 

2 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Don't like that 'P' word ;-)  I make no comment about the 'S' word......

If the stadium and/or track are not ready for league racing then surely, later in the year, there will be some challenge meetings.

With the greatest of respect why should rye house think they have the Devine right to come back into the championship my team were turned down so why should they think it’s a shoe in they will get accepted into the second tier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

With the greatest of respect why should rye house think they have the Devine right to come back into the championship my team were turned down so why should they think it’s a shoe in they will get accepted into the second tier.

They have no divine right, but that doesn't mean they can't apply. Perhaps Rye House would be welcomed? Not all promotions are.