British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Rye House 2020

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

When I go to Lynn, I sit in what they used to call the Royal Box (no roof)---if its cold/windy I stand on the back straight or home straight.

And when the sun shines - third bend is quite commodious.

You’ll have to come and join the first bend ruffians one week :D 

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You’ll have to come and join the first bend ruffians one week :D 

Might just do that

On 2/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, winstoncigar said:

The covered grandstand by the pits is still there but theres no seating on the home straight at all now. 

Apparently the old grandstand is now going to be a gymnastics club

I would have thought the ‘showroom’ BMR constructed next to the old stand would be more suited to a gym.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GWC said:

I would have thought the ‘showroom’ BMR constructed next to the old stand would be more suited to a gym.

Gymnastics rather than gym. Needs a high ceiling apparently.

I for one hope Rye can get a team and how the country is at the moment could do them a favour to get sorted .

• Like 1

Been past the stadium today. Whilst all locked up and only basic viewing from the canal toepath:

The front car park is completely tiled and looks impressive (anyone remember the moon craters)

No BMR sign as you enter the car park from the road

The outside of the gym seems completed (where chip shop was)

First and second bend terracing levelled with slight gradient, (should prove a spectator viewing point).

Pits and Tempstand as before

• Like 4

On 5/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, Rayleigh said:

Been past the stadium today. Whilst all locked up and only basic viewing from the canal toepath:

The front car park is completely tiled and looks impressive (anyone remember the moon craters)

No BMR sign as you enter the car park from the road

The outside of the gym seems completed (where chip shop was)

First and second bend terracing levelled with slight gradient, (should prove a spectator viewing point).

Pits and Tempstand as before

Looking at photos on Facebook, the new 'gym' seems very close to the safety fence. Maybe the new owners intend to move the track over to accommodate it.

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

City Rebel. Which facebook page?

I screenshot this from a video.

20200518_222741.jpg

I think the angle is a little deceptive. I don't think it gets that close, bearing in mind there used to be a dog track outside the fence. Worrying to see that spectators could well be denied most of the home straight, The old stand was a flaming nuisance, operationally and was very poorly designed but at least it gave people a decent view of the home straight, 

A case of 'wait and see' I suppose. Keep the faith. As long as the track's there we still have a chance. 

If they do reopen eventually, what covered seating will be available that is disabled people friendly? 

Well the refs box will be needed and not sure where it will be sited now.

Perhaps it will move to the other side with seating all along the straight. Bit of a squeeze though.

6 hours ago, GWC said:

Well the refs box will be needed and not sure where it will be sited now.

Perhaps it will move to the other side with seating all along the straight. Bit of a squeeze though.

The ref's box is seen in the photo. It's always been out of alignment with the start line, as was its predecessor which I am very familiar with. 

No room on the back straight unless you bring the track back in. 

Unfortunately the road behind the back straight has been halfed (half owned by stadium and half by the caravan site) and this half  is now used as the access road to the Karting ,in short I guess there is less room on the back straight unless the track is brought back in.