British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Rye House 2020

1 hour ago, JohnHyam said:

A rather bizare comment! My responses are made  to hopefully stimulate debate - nothing more than that.

Out of curiosity what hidden issues do you suspect me to be guilty of? 

I personally think you're just a misery John and probably because your life is at the point where you have little to occupy you generally, you find pleasure in being disruptive as you're jealous of others having a life. Harsh to even type that, but i can think of no other reason really. 

You live nearby in a reasonably nice part of london with plenty of green space near you and good local bits and bobs for the retired to get involved in - to seemingly get off on winding people up on here is ridiculous.

As others have said before, someone of your age should be an asset to the forum, not a hinderance.

• Like 2

I wish the people involved with the work to return speedway all the best. It must be hard to stay positive when it appears the odds are stacked against you. However, as it has been said, Oxford's revival is a beacon pf optimism. I have lost the two tracks I supported - Coventry and Reading - an I feel fortunate that having moved into the area I will be able to see speedway again on a regular basis. For that I have to thank those whose hard work and persistence hard got Oxford back when it looked t as if they were lost for ever. I am still hoping that speedway will return to Coventry, though I think at Reading i it s very unlikely. Those who denigrate the efforts of the ones who work hard to keep speedway going are the sad ones.

• Like 9

On 2/5/2022 at 9:55 PM, JohnHyam said:

I will indeed, as you request, stop making further mentions of Rye House speedway - either on the BSF or on Social Media.

4 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

are there any updates in regard to 'Rye House happenings' please?

That lasted 2 months.

A leopard never changes its spots.   Once a lying troll, always a lying troll.

Thought everyone could attack the post not the poster .

johnhyam I have not heard any news regarding Rye House ., I think if you wait you will see news posted on here when there is some  Sir .

On 4/16/2022 at 10:22 PM, JohnHyam said:

Thank you Jonnybegood. I first went to Rye House from south London in 1954 by bus and then train from Liverpool Street station. Then the meeting was cancelled because of a rainstorm before its start! The good thing was that I then had time to interview the pub landlord and Rye House speedway promoter former Australian speedway star Dickie Case for the 'Speedway Gazette'.

Makes you wonder why you are such an annoyance then doesnt it!!! You promised you would leave it alone so do that