Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Rye House 2020

Objected

Objected

Thank you to all who have objected. The 1000+ objections to the previous application have now been cancelled along with that application so we're having to start again. Another 1000 or even higher can only help to disprove the falsehood that Rye House is an abandoned, forgotten speedway track. 

If you want to object, here's the link:

https://publicaccess.eastherts.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=QUE1RFGLN4800

It could be your track next. We still have a chance. We've hired a barrister who has shown a great interest in the case and after filing objections over procedures at the two authorities involved is now taking our complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. 

It's hard fight but far from a lost cause. 

19 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

As a Coventry fan, stilling holding to the belief that Brandon may yet reopen, it was my pleasure to register my objection to this new planning application.

• Like 1

We're the lead story on page 2 of this week's Speedway Star and the response to sharing our request for people to object to the planning application and to share that request over as many groups as possible is going well.

There's a long road to go and a very tough fight but we're getting the backing within speedway that we hoped for. Thanks to all. 

Rob.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 12:33 AM, RobMcCaffery said:

We're the lead story on page 2 of this week's Speedway Star and the response to sharing our request for people to object to the planning application and to share that request over as many groups as possible is going well.

There's a long road to go and a very tough fight but we're getting the backing within speedway that we hoped for. Thanks to all. 

Rob.

I have objected as well and have spread the word. Hopefully you will get loads more objecting. Best wishes.

Martin Widman

had a very interesting chat this morning with someone who appeared to have a pretty good idea of the events that led up to the closure at Rye House. As I suspected, the root cause of the failure lies with the BSPA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, winstoncigar said:

had a very interesting chat this morning with someone who appeared to have a pretty good idea of the events that led up to the closure at Rye House. As I suspected, the root cause of the failure lies with the BSPA

Any mention of Sky money?

We are desperately trying to prove that the track is viable, in the  right hands. Anything that undermines that isn't helpful. 

On 8/3/2021 at 4:37 PM, Great Central said:

I have objected as well and have spread the word. Hopefully you will get loads more objecting. Best wishes.

Martin Widman

Thanks Martin. Equally I hope that the Isle of Wight survives and thrives. 

• Like 1

So far 660 objections and 111 supporting. Last time it finished 1435 objecting and 494 supporting.

Am I right in saying there is still a week to get objections in?

Maybe the BSPA could put out message/tweet reminding people of the deadline?