British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Rye House 2020

7 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

With a grand total of nine members!

With John Hyam as the admin.  No thanks. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

It's not happening for me on the FACEBOOK group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/623804992312673

What are you expecting to happen, John? Posting a couple of pics, and links to other groups and websites is going to do absolutely nothing. If it truly is dedicated to "activities", SAY SOMETHING!

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

With John Hyam as the admin.  No thanks. :D

"Admin"? Well, he has posted some links...

12 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Just to check we're on the right group, is it the one where the only interaction is someone posting this photo and asking if anyone can name the people in the picture?

rh.jpg.30c5c3b06683358986ff5935cc0847c3.jpg

A hastily set up Rye group after his attempts to take over the topic on here failed ? A track he is so interested in, it is probably 60 years or more since he visited B)

29 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

As I recall my last visit to Rye House was about 1963 or 1964 for a Sunday afternoon meeting. It was so boring that I left halfway.

Says it all, doesn't it? That is the extent of your "memories" of the place...

It was still a training track then. You probably aren't even aware that the Rockets were National League champions, are you?

You post a photo of a Rye House legend, yet you probably don't know who I'm talking about, do you? You've probably never heard of him even...

I've told you before, STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

...and TBH I don't really care - with respects to him - who it is!

Why are you so involved in something you don't care about, aren't interested in promoting, and are happy to tell the world that last time you went there, you left because you were bored?

Then you wonder why people mock you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnHyam said:

...and TBH I don't really care - with respects to him - who it is!

I just don't get it John. What is your motive?

On the Memories of Rye House Facebook page you make an ambiguous but provocative post, which then sets off a negative chain of events. After that causes an argument you delete all your posts so no one can see the trail,  and then you make apologies.

You then set up an alternative Facebook group which you call Rye House Speedway- the Fabulous Rockets. Yet on this Forum thread you admit that you haven't been since 1963 and you left because you were bored, and that having posted a link to a picture of a Rye House legend you don't know and don't really care who he is!

However, that also means that this Forum thread has been diverted away from the positive news that there is actually a chance Rye House could return. 

I try not to post negative things in relation to your posts,  but boy, you do make it difficult to come to any conclusion other than that you are trying to damage the possible Rye House return. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Sidney said:

I just don't get it John. What is your motive?

On the Memories of Rye House Facebook page you make an ambiguous but provocative post, which then sets off a negative chain of events. After that causes an argument you delete all your posts so no one can see the trail,  and then you make apologies.

You then set up an alternative Facebook group which you call Rye House Speedway- the Fabulous Rockets. Yet on this Forum thread you admit that you haven't been since 1963 and you left because you were bored, and that having posted a link to a picture of a Rye House legend you don't know and don't really care who he is!

However, that also means that this Forum thread has been diverted away from the positive news that there is actually a chance Rye House could return. 

I try not to post negative things in relation to your posts,  but boy, you do make it difficult to come to any conclusion other than that you are trying to damage the possible Rye House return. 

Spot on :t:

Probably time to ignore the old duffer on this thread and concentrate on more important things

Edited by iris123

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Spot on :t:

Probably time to ignore the old duffer on this thread and concentrate on more important things

It's just attention seeking at its worst.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

(1) The photo in question is of Bob Garrad.

(2) I am NOT trying to negate moves to bring Rye House back into speedway,

Who did Karl Fiala ride for?

3 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

(1) The photo in question is of Bob Garrad.

Why did you say you didn't care, when you are supposedly trying to promote the "activities" at Rye House?

2 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Karl Fiala rode for Rye House.

Was he any good?

1 minute ago, JohnHyam said:

Originally I did not know who the rider shown was. However a little research on my part - a rare happening! - indicated the rider shown was Bob Garrad.

Right, we know you didn't know. Despite the fact that we all knew who it was - and the fact that you didn't need to do any research! It said it underneath...

Why the need to start a new Rye House group?

Why the need to start a new Rye House group dedicated to "activities" at the track, when all you have done is post links - mostly to YOUR groups and websites?

Why the need to start a new Rye House group when you are happy to boast that you haven't been there in 60 years, and that the last time you went, you left because you were bored?

Why the need to start a new Rye House group when you basically know nothing about the team or riders?

These are genuine questions, John.

1 minute ago, JohnHyam said:

I think your query into the riding ability of Karl Fiala would best be answered by a supporter of the team during his racing years - or question him on FACEBOOK forum SPEEDWAY FRIENDS.

Oh, it's okay; I know how good he was. I saw him race many times. I just wondered if you knew how to find out how good he was. Google is a wonderful tool.