British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

SGP in Argentina - 2022

10 teams averaged above 20k this season. the rest between 15k and 20k. 2 new Teams coming into the league next year (Austin & Miami) It gets regular coverage on big TV Networks. Soccer is going from strength to strength over here.

Flat Track & Motor X are shown regularly on NBC Sports (I guess a BT Sport equivalent) I find it very annoying that no one has even had a discussion with them to show the GPs over here...

Edited by RPNY

Having looked at the photographs of the proposed venue in Patagonia, I have to applaud those organised in developing their facility from scratch.

However, the track itself may be good, but there appears to be almost no spectator facilities. The only track I have personally visited, which has such basic facilities is at Haapajarvi in Finland - in fact, the facilities at Haapajarvi were superior.

Grand prix standard it is not - another Castagna fantasy sadly...

On 1/25/2020 at 10:40 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

CANNOT agree that soccer has failed to gain a foothold in the US. May lag behind the big three of NFL, NHL and baseball, but soccer is hugely popular and continuing to grow.

For once we can agree.

Whilst it's not a exact comparison as baseball plays so many games, MLS has an average attendance of 22,000 compared with an average MLB attendance of 28,000. It also has a higher average attendance than the NBA and NHL, although they're admittedly played in smaller indoor arenas.

What's for certain, is that speedway would kill for 21,000 crowds as a 'minor sport'. 

27 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

For once we can agree.

Whilst it's not a exact comparison as baseball plays so many games, MLS has an average attendance of 22,000 compared with an average MLB attendance of 28,000. It also has a higher average attendance than the NBA and NHL, although they're admittedly played in smaller indoor arenas.

What's for certain, is that speedway would kill for 21,000 crowds as a 'minor sport'. 

SADLY, right now would kill for 10 per cent of that...

Good news is that Castagna has denied it's a done deal with the Argentinians regarding staging a GP there. Still I don't understand why he went there to even check the place out...

Now there was an interview with even bigger FIM boss in the Spar, the president Viegas himself. He goes on record saying how he's gonna help with long track racing in Goa/ India this year and how Marc Margues is riding long track in Spain.

I'm a tad worried, 

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

19 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Good news is that Castagna has denied it's a done deal with the Argentinians regarding staging a GP there. Still I don't understand why he went there to even check the place out...

Now there was an interview with even bigger FIM boss in the Spar, the president Viegas himself. He goes on record saying how he's gonna help with long track racing in Goa/ India this year and how Marc Margues is riding long track in Spain.

I'm a tad worried, 

He means flattrack.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

He means flattrack.

Does he... :blink: I’d say he cant tell/know the difference between lt and ft because It doesnt matter to him.