British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

I have split this topic from the Peterborough 2020 thread.

I have created a petition on change.org

https://www.change.org/PeterboroughSpeedwayDisabledParking2020

and urge as many of you as possible to sign the petition if you support its content and aims.

it is a respectful, constructive petition, and makes no threats or demands, simply urging the Promotion to look at the situation again from the perspective of a Blue-Badge holder.

Thanks for reading

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

and urge as many of you as possible to sign the petition if you support its content and aims.

it is a respectful, constructive petition, and makes no threats or demands, simply urging the Promotion to look at the situation again from the perspective of a Blue-Badge holder.

Thanks for reading

Nope.

The change.org site is much clunkier than I imagined, please post on this thread too if you support the petition as I don’t think a number of ‘votes’ have registered. Thanks

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Thanks for reading

Not the best idea you've had Neil. That will get few signatures and they'll use it as ammo to say that they know of few dissenters to the club and their management shamefully removing the reasonable adjustments Peterborough Speedway has offered to its disabled fans over at least two decades or so. The club have kicked off in support of it's disabled fans in the past when the landlords have taken this action but the EoES have clearly washed their hands of this and the club definitely own this mess. If they were going to look at it again then they wouldn't have issued an official statement that made the situation worse. The idea of reasonable adjustments is that they level the playing field for the disabled. Without a very very good reason, if at all, you don't remove these adjustments to make a disabled person's life more difficult. If any organisation of worth looked at the club's reasoning I'd guess they'd say that it was weak to say the least and what did they do to address these access route and verbal abuse issues? Not having seen any action myself I guess that we'd struggle to answer the question. As boring as it may be for people wanting speedway news I guess I'm saying don't deflect from this thread as well. This needs to be kept high on the agenda and they need a plan c. I know that's not your intention but that's what another thread does.

Edited by Crump99

13 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Not the best idea you've had Neil. That will get few signatures and they'll use it as ammo to say that they know of few dissenters to the club and their management shamefully removing the reasonable adjustments Peterborough Speedway has offered to its disabled fans over at least two decades or so. The club have kicked off in support of it's disabled fans in the past when the landlords have taken this action but the EoES have clearly washed their hands of this and the club definitely own this mess. If they were going to look at it again then they wouldn't have issued an official statement that made the situation worse. The idea of reasonable adjustments is that they level the playing field for the disabled. Without a very very good reason, if at all, you don't remove these adjustments to make a disabled person's life more difficult. If any organisation of worth looked at the club's reasoning I'd guess they'd say that it was weak to say the least and what did they do to address these access route and verbal abuse issues? Not having seen any action myself I guess that we'd struggle to answer the question. As boring as it may be for people wanting speedway new I guess I'm saying don't deflect from this thread as well. This needs to be kept high on the agenda and they need a plan c .I know that's not your intention but that's what another thread does.

I was aware of the possible downside, but what’s the alternative? Do nothing and that’s rarely my style. Let’s hope that your words prompt people to sign!

Edited by NeilWatson

Do nothing is not my style as you will know but this petition seems fragmented and causes further probs as it either directs you to facebook or demands £7.

4 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Do nothing is not my style as you will know but this petition seems fragmented and causes further probs as it either directs you to facebook or demands £7.

Change.org is a well established site for these things but I am surprised how clunky it really is. It is possible to decline their suggestions of payment etc via a link at the end of each page of the voting process.

The BSF was becoming so polluted by the idiot poster I wanted to focus on the issue.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I was aware of the possible downside, but what’s the alternative? Do nothing and that’s rarely my style.

No, there's plenty of mileage in this, just keep posting. As Gustix says, there's a number of supporters out there who have no idea about this. It's not the sort of thing that hits the ET or BBC Radio Cambs so the affected non internet brigade are in for one hell of shock.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Signed. 

Blimey, Stevebrum signs for Boro.  :)

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Change.org is a well established site for these things but I am surprised how clunky it really is. It is possible to decline their suggestions of payment etc via a link at the end of each page of the voting process.

The BSF was becoming so polluted by the idiot poster I wanted to focus on the issue.

Only the 13 signatures after 2 hours haha. Good luck and don't ever return to Peterborough Speedway as the business is better off without you. Hope Buster bans you from the Showground seeing as you're trying to cause a rift around the club.

• Like 1

Going from what the club have posted on twitter, it would appear they think their decision is no big deal. Quite staggering ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Going from what the club have posted on twitter, it would appear they think their decision is no big deal. Quite staggering ...

As a non twitterer   what have they put on twitter?t