British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

41 minutes ago, crazysue said:

I have a wheelchair but I can't self propel nor get it out of the car on my own. I don't have a scooter but could borrow one...but can't get it out of the car. Uber? Erm, not sure if you quite understand the issue, an Uber wouldn't get you any closer to the stadium than their own car. I am completely unable to walk 300 metres, there are a fair few times I can't even walk the less than 5 metres from my bedroom to the loo!

I am pot less and even if you offered up a shortbread millionaire rather than a toffee, I still wouldn't be able to walk it.

The only way I could adapt would be to pay for someone to be with me (someone strong who is able to push a wheelchair plus me over uneven ground, not an easy feat) which includes paying for their entrance which would (and would for a lot of people), make going unaffordable. A much simpler option would be to more effectively manage the provision that is already there, a low cost option that would solve a lot of the issues for everyone, including the promotion.

I can't work out whether the loon is against the disabled or making the case for them by skilfully putting up these so called solutions to a self created problem that the club needs to reconsider; rather being known as disability and family unfriendly club that is now happy to alienate and lose supporters under the management he's bigging up for its competence in saving the club and the sport in general.

Edited by Crump99

On 2/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, Blupanther said:

Someone remarked that the disabled had been treated badly and the club replied with 'Incorrect'. Nothing else, just 'Incorrect'. 

They've been asked to clarify whether that related to the disabled tweet or the one about not having a team? But in true notice output only social media fashion we're in tumbleweed mode.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

I am Roberto Martinelli

I am Mark Twain

I am Isaac Hunt, oh no hang on

I am Spartacus

Who's Spartacus... didn't he used to ride for Long Eaton? Nigel Spartacus

My car is adapted....fancy that,  something changed so that a disabled person can access stuff, such a novel idea.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

More excuses. You can by a fold up lightweight chair that comes in a bag / cover which you can put the strap on your back rather than carry the chair.

It now sounds like every Speedway fan is a blue badge holder. Every fan has one form of physical disability. Every fan is pot less. Nobody is able to walk. I'm now beginning to wonder why they're still allowed to drive a vehicle.

It wasn’t an excuse, it was a question. Quite frankly your aggressive response shows you for what you are. An ignorant bigot.

just to be clear I know Buster quite well, I also have personal knowledge of how far he goes to allow access to speedway for the disabled but your bigoted responses to comments and questions on here do him no favours whatsoever.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

More excuses. You can by a fold up lightweight chair that comes in a bag / cover which you can put the strap on your back rather than carry the chair.

It now sounds like every Speedway fan is a blue badge holder. Every fan has one form of physical disability. Every fan is pot less. Nobody is able to walk. I'm now beginning to wonder why they're still allowed to drive a vehicle.

No one apart from you has suggested that we are all disabled although sadly some are. Most of us are lucky enough to be fit and well but that does not deminish our wish to see those who are not as fortunate as ourselves looked after properly. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I am Roberto Martinelli

I am Mark Twain

I am Isaac Hunt, oh no hang on

I am Spartacus

Who's Spartacus... didn't he used to ride for Long Eaton? Nigel Spartacus

Nigel Sparshott;)

• Like 1

According to google.

Q - How long would it take to walk 300 meters? The answer is below. Now taking into account disabilities amongst other things it shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes which I have said from day 1. Which is why the petition is uncalled for. Some people can do that walk in 2 minutes. 4 minutes top whack is the estimate but I have gone over the top estimate because of certain circumstances regarding some fans. 

4 minutes

Usually the speed of a normal adult walking casually ranges from 5 to 9 km/h. So for walking 300 meters or 0.3km, the time taken would range from 2 min to 3.6 min. So we can say that it takes 2-4 minutes for an adult person to walk for 300 meters.

Usually and normal are keywords there. Even if you allowed me an hour I would not be able to walk 300 metres, I would be collapsed on the floor unable to go any further way before even a quarter of that distance was completed.

I think the main issue is that you are just not quite getting that one of the requirements of having a blue badge is not being able to walk an even shorter distance than the one you are talking about, if they could walk 300 metres in five minutes (or even 10, 15, 20 minutes), they wouldn't be eligible for a blue badge.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, crazysue said:

Usually and normal are keywords there. Even if you allowed me an hour I would not be able to walk 300 metres, I would be collapsed on the floor unable to go any further way before even a quarter of that distance was completed.

I think the main issue is that you are just not quite getting that one of the requirements of having a blue badge is not being able to walk an even shorter distance than the one you are talking about, if they could walk 300 metres in five minutes (or even 10, 15, 20 minutes), they wouldn't be eligible for a blue badge.

And that is why I suggested wheelchairs and mobility scooters but I've had people replying saying 'Are you saying people should fork out hundreds of pounds for the speedway'

To which I have replied on several occasions 'No not just for Speedway but day to day life in general'

Then I get another reply with another excuse 'Nobody can afford one'

Now surely if the person is in such a bad way close friends and family relatives would all chip in and make sure the person in question gets the assistance needed? 

If there are folk on here who know Keith Chapman I’d have thought it would be far more beneficial to create dialogue directly with him on this subject rather than venting on here which ultimately achieves very little. 

11 minutes ago, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

And that is why I suggested wheelchairs and mobility scooters but I've had people replying saying 'Are you saying people should fork out hundreds of pounds for the speedway'

To which I have replied on several occasions 'No not just for Speedway but day to day life in general'

Then I get another reply with another excuse 'Nobody can afford one'

Now surely if the person is in such a bad way close friends and family relatives would all chip in and make sure the person in question gets the assistance needed? 

I've explained my own situation on this thread,  I have a wheelchair but I am not able to self propel or get it out of the car, I don't have a mobility scooter (I could borrow one) but I have the same issue, I wouldn't be able to get it out of the car 

I currently attend speedway on my own, I am lucky that at my track, the parking is very close to the first available seating...much closer than even the old arrangements at Peterborough.  I am also not alone in going to speedway as a singleton and I dare say there are a few who go to Peterborough as singleton disabled people where the previous arrangements may have just been within their capabilities but the new ones completely impossible. 

Their only choice would be to pay to have someone come with them to push a wheelchair, or pay even more than that to have a hoist fitted to their car and a powered chair or mobility scooter to do it themselves.  These are not cheap items and for a lot, it will be a barrier to them attending. 

23 minutes ago, crazysue said:

Not necessarily, even if you can walk the distance but show difficulties around general discomfort for reasons that you define and evidence (whether that be physical and/or mental (anxiety, depression, dementia etc)) as well as potential safety to yourself and others then you may be able to get a BB. In fact the recognition of hidden disabilities was added to the criteria last August.

The loons gonna have a helluva job with that - sit back and get some popcorn :D

Ignore the troll. He has gone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Not necessarily, even if you can walk the distance but show difficulties around general discomfort for reasons that you define and evidence (whether that be physical and/or mental (anxiety, depression, dementia etc)) as well as potential safety to yourself and others then you may be able to get a BB. In fact the recognition of hidden disabilities was added to the criteria last August.

The loons gonna have a helluva job with that - sit back and get some popcorn :D

That posters woeful attempts at attacking anyone who explains there limitations is quite frankly disgusting and shameful.

The lack of awareness in disability issues is beyond a disgrace. 

• Like 1