Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Ignore the troll. He has gone.

Thing is,,, he will be back later with another new account,,, or one of his other accounts re ignited. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Thank you Phil

• Like 2

Now we have some respite from 'The Messiah' hopefully we can get back on topic, which is:

I have created a petition on change.org

https://www.change.org/PeterboroughSpeedwayDisabledParking2020

and urge as many of you as possible to sign the petition if you support its content and aims.

It is a respectful, constructive petition, and makes no threats or demands, simply urging the Promotion to look at the situation again from the perspective of a Blue-Badge holder.

Thanks for reading

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Thing is,,, he will be back later with another new account 

It already said it has 2 accounts (we know it’s more) both those that it confirmed at least with both now banned.

Expect a different account soon posting in the same way and style that’s so easy to recognise.

If only it was easy for the Mods to ensure people like this are never allowed back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If there are folk on here who know Keith Chapman I’d have thought it would be far more beneficial to create dialogue directly with him on this subject rather than venting on here which ultimately achieves very little. 

It doesn't affect me personally as I no longer go to speedway let alone Peterborough. I will ask him the next time I see him. However I'm not convinced that he is behind this move or maybe even realises the furore it has caused. If he does then he is not the person I think I've known for over 2 decades. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

That posters woeful attempts at attacking anyone who explains there limitations is quite frankly disgusting and shameful.

The lack of awareness in disability issues is beyond a disgrace. 

He has though got the page count up and kept the thread prominent, as well as allowing those of us with some understanding of the subject to educate those with a narrower view, so he had his uses although given the ignorance and abuse I'd have sacrificed those benefits. That may have been his strategy all along, it'd take a brave person to work out the logic in that individual.

Edited by Crump99

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Not necessarily, even if you can walk the distance but show difficulties around general discomfort for reasons that you define and evidence (whether that be physical and/or mental (anxiety, depression, dementia etc)) as well as potential safety to yourself and others then you may be able to get a BB. In fact the recognition of hidden disabilities was added to the criteria last August.

The loons gonna have a helluva job with that - sit back and get some popcorn :D

I thought it best not to confuse the poor soul with that one, he (?) was having a hard enough time trying to get their head around the fact that mobility impaired people have difficulty walking  :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

He has though got the page count up and kept the thread prominent, as well as allowing those of us with some understanding of the subject to educate those with a narrower view, so he had his uses although given the ignorance and abuse I'd have sacrificed those benefits. That may have been his strategy all along, it'd take a brave person to work out the logic in that individual.

I’d say the only reason for the page count is because of the constant uneducated posts. 

But of course education for those with little knowledge is a good thing. Sadly for the multi aliased one it’s only about getting a reaction to provoke more reactions.

If it’s brought attention to this thread that can only be a good thing despite its best efforts to derail and mock it. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Have you closed his trollslayer account as well? As that one doesn't say banned like the messiah one. 

23 hours ago, crazysue said:

I thought it best not to confuse the poor soul with that one, he (?) was having a hard enough time trying to get their head around the fact that mobility impaired people have difficulty walking  :D

Sounds like the ideal candidate to carry out Personal Independent Payment assessments. Lot's of horrors stories there regarding assessors who haven't got a scooby about the difficulties that the disabled face, especially when being assessed under controlled circumstances when they can't see its affects as in daily living.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Have you closed his trollslayer account as well? As that one doesn't say banned like the messiah one. 

The troll itself already confirmed that one had been shut down. 

On 1/31/2020 at 10:36 PM, wealdstone said:

As a non twitterer   what have they put on twitter?t

"Wealdstone has gone very quiet, has he been got at" was the latest tweet :)

On 2/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, NeilWatson said:

Now we have some respite from 'The Messiah' hopefully we can get back on topic, which is:

As I said the Messiah at least kept the thread going.

The topic is, make sure that if you know anyone that this might affect then do let them know because they probably don't bother much with speedway sites or internet generally and they'll not find the regressive action on the main local news media. They may not realise that the club has chosen to make their attendance more difficult or impossible, and certainly less pleasurable from 2020 onwards. They may wish to spend their time and money elsewhere. We know of some on here who feel like that and I've seen some saying the same elsewhere so I'm sure that there's more yet to find out who will feel that way, so do get the message out there.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:23 AM, Crump99 said:

"Wealdstone has gone very quiet, has he been got at" was the latest tweet :)

Good news is that I've heard from Wealdstone and he's fit and well but just had the enthusiasm kicked out of him by Panthers management. The clubs regressive action against their own disabled fans (even the ones that played ball) amongst other things has left him drained and in need of a rest. I know how he feels and I suspect that he's far from alone. :unsure:

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 6