British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Not really if everyone is sensible and gets in a queue ....

Not going to happen in this day and age :cry:

22 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Not going to happen in this day and age :cry:

And if abuse was an issue before then nothing gets the blood boiling like a good old queue of stressed paying customers.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

And if abuse was an issue before then nothing gets the blood boiling like a good old queue of stressed paying customers.

How many people can actually get into a golf buggy? Not going to happen anyway, but even with a very few disabled wanting to take advantage the wait would inevitably be considerable

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

How many people can actually get into a golf buggy? Not going to happen anyway, but even with a very few disabled wanting to take advantage the wait would inevitably be considerable

Excluding the driver just one, three in a double buggy...

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

As I'm not a golfer and have no interest in it then I don't know. Any time that a golf buggy is mentioned I always get a mental picture of bingo and fleegle doing the pick up! Don't worry that you don't get that, it makes me chuckle.

Edited by Crump99
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Villager8Events-291x300.jpg

That's a beast Neil :D

I believe the thinking is( if flawed) that any potential incident or trouble will occur outside the confines of the Stadium  when Speedway can then claim they were only  following the the procedure laid down by EOES.

5 hours ago, Crump99 said:

As I'm not a golfer and have no interest in it then I don't know. Any time that a golf buggy is mentioned I always get a mental picture of bingo and fleegle doing the pick up! Don't worry that you don't get that, it makes me chuckle.

Cant beat a bit of Banana Splits

5 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I believe the thinking is( if flawed) that any potential incident or trouble will occur outside the confines of the Stadium  when Speedway can then claim they were only  following the the procedure laid down by EOES.

Disabled parking inside the arena when properly organised and administered is low risk and how many recorded incidents have been attributed to it over 20 years? I suspect not many, if any. If they wish to eliminate risk then there are no doubt many bigger issues that can be highlighted now and during the season.

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Cant beat a bit of Banana Splits

Especially on this thread. Their clarity of thought and reasoning is a refreshing memory.

as mentioned before, it's all about buster making sure he doesn't miss out on entry money

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Excluding the driver just one, three in a double buggy...

The one at Leicester holds 3. One in the front next to the driver and 2 at the back facing backwards.  It takes you the last bit from the stadium car park but that only holds around 230 cars so it's usually full an hour before the start and the majority of people are in the shopping centre car park so it's still quite a walk to even get to the buggy.  Personally I didn't find it very helpful as there is a big step up and it wasn't easy getting on and off with a bag, fold up seat and crutch so I'd usually end up walking. In the end the only option was to give up altogether so I missed the last couple of months and I've accepted that attending Speedway matches isn't possible now. Just one of the many joys of getting old. :D

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

as mentioned before, it's all about buster making sure he doesn't miss out on entry money

This was why I suggested that close parking permits might be restricted to season ticket holders - far from ideal but addresses one possible reason for the change in parking policy.