British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

This was why I suggested that close parking permits might be restricted to season ticket holders - far from ideal but addresses one possible reason for the change in parking policy.

I think it is due to reasons I mentioned earlier. We know also that once the oracle has spoken  ears and minds  become closed to any dissent .   

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, stevehone said:

as mentioned before, it's all about buster making sure he doesn't miss out on entry money

He doesn't though. They still pay on entry like everyone else. Who knows what it's all about because the reasons and lack of effort to deal with those reasons mentioned in a less draconian fashion don't stack up. What we do know is that for as long as the club still runs it doesn't think too much about fans that are inconvenient for it, so time for fans to be of the same mind perhaps. Following Frost/Mahoney and the promotion of Rathbone (of which Johnson was part of the management team) I remember fans saying that they had their club back. Well that didn't last long did it?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 4

On 2/11/2020 at 12:59 PM, Crump99 said:

And if abuse was an issue before then nothing gets the blood boiling like a good old queue of stressed paying customers.

Well IF a buggy is the only way back to the car for those disabled people then patience will be required, it is possible to be patient ......

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Trees said:

Well IF a buggy is the only way back to the car for those disabled people then patience will be required, it is possible to be patient ......

freezing cold, miserable evening, not sure how many will want to wait in a queue  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trees said:

Well IF a buggy is the only way back to the car for those disabled people then patience will be required, it is possible to be patient .....

Edited by Star Lady
...Words fail me

22 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Me too!!   However the possibility of a buggy has not been mentioned anyway. Panthers have just  redefined  the criteria to be eligible to get a Blue Badge, to suit their own agenda.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Trees said:

I guess that if a new problem was identified and somebody was trying to help then it may be possible to be patient, but in this case they had a system for the disabled that worked fine for decades, those supporters haven't been given a good reason why they have been turfed out of the stadium, and through no fault of their own they lose their independence and have to queue in the cold and dark for a buggy ride - you're all heart!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Me too!!   However the possibility of a buggy has not been mentioned anyway. Panthers have just  redefined  the criteria to be eligible to get a Blue Badge, to suit their own agenda.

Correct. My regular trips from Suffolk will be coming to an end for me and my two disabled passengers who have now come to terms with the fact that P'boro no longer value their support...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

I guess that if a new problem was identified and somebody was trying to help then it may be possible to be patient, but in this case they had a system for the disabled that worked fine for decades, those supporters haven't been given a good reason why they have been turfed out of the stadium, and through no fault of their own they lose their indepence and have to queue in the cold and dark for a buggy ride - you're all heart!

It doesn't have to be in the cold and dark, wait in the bar perhaps, there's ways and means, surely this change can be overcome if the will is there?  Someone said the showground/speedway had a buggy a few pages back hence my mention of it still ..... not a few pages back, it was bigcatdiary on the Peterborough 2020 thread who said "they have one" ....

Edited by Trees

1 hour ago, Trees said:

It doesn't have to be in the cold and dark, wait in the bar perhaps, there's ways and means, surely this change can be overcome if the will is there?  Someone said the showground/speedway had a buggy a few pages back hence my mention of it still ..... not a few pages back, it was bigcatdiary on the Peterborough 2020 thread who said "they have one" ....

It's not some great adventure to overcome like climbing Everest. You're just looking for solutions to a club self imposed situation with as much empathy as whoever came up with the bright idea in the first place to exclude disabled fans from their long standing, helpful parking privileges which I'm sure that anyone affected greatly appreciated. Any regular will have seen the buggy or a buggy so it's no secret. They used it to pick up, amongst other things, the speakers that sat in front of the stand before we got a decent PA system. Other staff can be seen driving around in it, or one of them at times, as could Neil when inpost, hence why he suggested it I guess. Useful in those isolated situations but it's a crap idea here when the sensible solution is obvious to anyone.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

It's not some great adventure to overcome like climbing Everest. You're just looking for solutions to a club self imposed situation with as much empathy as whoever came up with the bright idea in the first place to exclude disabled fans from their long standing, helpful parking privileges which I'm sure that anyone affected greatly appreciated. Any regular will have seen the buggy or a buggy so it's no secret. They used it to pick up, amongst other things, the speakers that sat in front of the stand before we got a decent PA system. Other staff can be seen driving around in it, or one of them at times, as could Neil when inpost, hence why he suggested it I guess. Useful in those isolated situations but it's a crap idea here when the sensible solution is obvious to anyone.

For the record I wasn’t suggesting using ‘my’ buggy or similar - which only carry one plus the driver - but a ‘buggy service’ using a larger vehicle (see my earlier post) or something like the Dial-a-Ride bus. Transporting one person at a time wouldn’t be practical.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

For the record I wasn’t suggesting using ‘my’ buggy or similar - which only carry one plus the driver - but a ‘buggy service’ using a larger vehicle (see my earlier post) or something like the Dial-a-Ride bus. Transporting one person at a time wouldn’t be practical.

And we haven't either have we? So that'd be added expense, organisation and staff time?

5 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

And we haven't either have we? So that'd be added expense, organisation and staff time?

Quite so, which should make the status quo attractive. However, hiring in a service would, in my opinion, cost less than the lost income from not doing so.

Despite being in the 'old fart' age group I'm blessed with fairly good health, and although l'm starting to dislike stairs I don't have any mobility problems.  So this Blue Badge issue doesn't affect me personally, but I've been following it with increasing dismay. And the whole thing stinks!  The same as everything does with Panthers - and, come to that, with speedway in general. 

For what it's worth, here's my two penn'orth: 

It seems to me that there's been more and more cars parking in the inner stadium areas, and they can't all be blue-badge (BB) people.  The club seems to be saying that some BB fans have somehow been abusing the parking privilege; maybe by parking in the "wrong" places?   I tend to rock up a few minutes before the first heat, and by then 99.9% of cars are already there and parked up.  But I hadn't noticed any particular orderliness as I walk briskly from the Arena doors to the stand.  Cars seem to park willy-nilly, and it's a different configuration each home meeting.  So I can't help wondering if it might not be BB holders alone who are causing whatever the problem is. 

Or maybe it's a money issue?  Are some BB holders somehow sneaking other occupants of their car into the meetings for free, when they should be paying full whack?  Have there been problems at the gate along those lines, and staff feeling miffed at having to deal with unpleasant situations?  I'm not pointing any fingers; just wondering if that's what lies being Bluster's decision. 

One things for sure, we don't have the full story :-/  Whatever, it's f*****g disgraceful that a blanket ban has been imposed on all disabled people. You'd have to be a complete **** to think otherwise.  The main car park is way too far to walk if you have reduced mobility.   

If there has been a problem - whatever it is - surely the best way to resolve it is to organise the entrances and inner parking areas better.  All it needs is a few well-placed signs for BB cars to follow, and a clearly marked/fenced off parking area for BB holders, preferably quite close to the rear of the stand.  There's plenty of space there ffs!  

Would it be too difficult to issue special EoES/Panthers disabled permits rather than just go by the standard blue badge permits.  If anybody flouts the new system, and provided it's been made clear from the outset, there can be no complaints if that individual gets his/her parking privilege withdrawn.     

How many BB cars are we talking about anyway?  It can only be in the dozens surely, and not in the hundreds.  How about BB cars keep to the left at that first entrance, and signposted accordingly with a couple of staff to supervise it.  And all the other vehicles - vans, sponsors, chums of Bluster, et al - keep to the right. 

It’s not rocket science – but I suspect that the Club Bluster simply lacks the will to resolve it in a decent and compassionate way.

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Quite so, which should make the status quo attractive. However, hiring in a service would, in my opinion, cost less than the lost income from not doing so.

Neil you will not be aload in to Peterborough because you are not agreeing with the management,  and for coming up with common sense ideas 

• Like 3