British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

It occured to me after posting that the car park at Scunny is landscaped pretty flat, it isn't tarmacced with permanent parking spaces painted but 'parking lanes' are marked with what looks like whitewash, similar to the stuff used on starting gates.  There aren't any disabled spaces, as far as I've (not) noticed, but everyone seems to park where they should and I personally haven't experinced being blocked in.  They have a 'gateman', sometimes it's a 'gate woman', to take you parking fee and stadium staff / marshalls are available if anyone requires help.....

I do believe you would be risking loosing your friends blue badge if the named person wasn't in the car. There is a photo shot of the named person also on the B.Badge.

12 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Wasn't gonna comment again on this thread but, oh well.   In my (limited) experience 'life-challenged people wish to be left to cope themselves as far as possible and will ask for help if they really need assistance .  They very much prefer to be left to 'get on with it' usually only requiring the odd minor, consideration like in this case being allowed to park as near as possible to the event and ideally not be required to cross uneven ground.  A further consideration is that for various reasons people need to arrive & leave venues at different times. e.g. in my own case depending on commitments I like to watch every lap of racing & practice, at other times I need to be out of there as the riders are on the slowdown lap after the last heat.  So while using ‘golf buggys’ or other such transport from the parking area to the entrance, is one possible solution I don’t think it is workable.  TBH I can’t be bothered with trawling through all the responses but I believe someone mentioned they know the Peterborough promotion to talk to, specifically Buster Chapman, I think he has commented that he is aware of supporters’ concerns so chatting with him about disabled parking issues at The East Of England Arena on speedway days hopefully a solution will be found.  In my, and my friend’s dad’s case (who has walking difficulties), if / when we a plan to visit a track we will telephone beforehand, and also confirm on the day of the meeting, whether we are able to park as near as possible to the entrance, using my friends dads Blue Badge.  While I cannot speak for others at this time, if we cannot be guaranteed close parking, then unfortunately we likely won’t go….

5 minutes ago, greytiger said:

I do believe you would be risking loosing your friends blue badge if the named person wasn't in the car. There is a photo shot of the named person also on the B.Badge.

The Blue Badge Holder would be in the car in this case - see my bold above. 

The rules regarding use of a badge include the following:

The badge is for your use and benefit only. It must only be displayed if you are travelling in the vehicle as a driver or passenger, or if someone is collecting you or dropping you off and needs to park at the place where you are being collected or dropped.

Don’t allow other people to use the badge to do something on your behalf, such as shopping or collecting something for you.

You must never give the badge to friends or family to allow them to park for free, even if they are visiting you.

You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car.

It’s a criminal offence to misuse a badge. This includes people other than the badge holder taking advantage of the parking concessions provided under the scheme.

30 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The Blue Badge Holder would be in the car in this case - see my bold above. 

The rules regarding use of a badge include the following:

The badge is for your use and benefit only. It must only be displayed if you are travelling in the vehicle as a driver or passenger, or if someone is collecting you or dropping you off and needs to park at the place where you are being collected or dropped.

Don’t allow other people to use the badge to do something on your behalf, such as shopping or collecting something for you.

You must never give the badge to friends or family to allow them to park for free, even if they are visiting you.

You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car.

It’s a criminal offence to misuse a badge. This includes people other than the badge holder taking advantage of the parking concessions provided under the scheme.

For once I agree with you.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:05 PM, greytiger said:

Yeah, wasn't overly clear but he would certainly be in the car with us if his Blue Badge was used, pretty sure it does contain his name & photo and he carries it with him at all times for parking use....

Edited by martinmauger
belated spelling

Peterborough Panthers Speedway@PboroPanthers - THERE’S no day like raceday. Where is your favourite place to watch the racing from at the East of England Arena?

I suspect that they've greatly increased the not at all or the from home when and if they're on the television count.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blupanther said:

178 have signed the petition to date ...

Has moved on somewhat from the resident (or ex resident) nutters post, with some no doubt yet to find out how the club values them, their support and their financial contribution:

On 2/2/2020 at 8:26 PM, TheMessiahOfTheBSF said:

As for his BB petition I find it hilarious. The petition has no momentum whatsoever and it's completely flopped so far. 42 signatures after two days is laughable.

:icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Crump99

19 hours ago, Blupanther said:

178 have signed the petition to date ...

Someone posted this thread url on https://www.facebook.com/peterboroughspeedway/  but I'm told that the post went AWOL so if anyone else wants to try as an experiment.

Edited by Crump99
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Someone posted this thread url on https://www.facebook.com/peterboroughspeedway/  but I'm told that the post went AWOL so if anyone else wants to try as an experiment.

I really am at a loss if this true. Clearly the dynamic duo have no regard for those that think differently to themselves. There is I fear a lot more to this than we are being told  ( what a surprise) .  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I really am at a loss if this true. Clearly the dynamic duo have no regard for those that think differently to themselves. There is I fear a lot more to this than we are being told  ( what a surprise) .  

I've just asked a straight up question on there..  surely they won't delete that will they

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Perhaps, but perhaps not. I'm not sure that there's anything more to it than it being a poor decision that they don't wish to communicate more widely or open up to further examination. I mean, it's a straightforward reasonable adjustment for the club's disabled fans that successive promotions have easily administered over many years. What else is there unseen to justify removing the facility?

10 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

I've just asked a straight up question on there..  surely they won't delete that will they

Did you get an answer to both questions that you raised here?

As Carl Johnson now has a ‘wider role in Club affairs’ perhaps resolving the disabled parking problem will be on his ‘to do’ list.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

As Carl Johnson now has a ‘wider role in Club affairs’ perhaps resolving the disabled parking problem will be on his ‘to do’ list.

I think it is on his" already done list"