Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

As Carl Johnson now has a ‘wider role in Club affairs’ perhaps resolving the disabled parking problem will be on his ‘to do’ list.

I'd hazard a guess that that's been ticked off, much like how his Blue Badge holding paying customers and their associates feel I suspect.

5 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

As Carl Johnson now has a ‘wider role in Club affairs’ perhaps resolving the disabled parking problem will be on his ‘to do’ list.

There was not a problem till his input. So stupid  that this should arise in an area so vast as EOES.

18 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

There was not a problem till his input. So stupid  that this should arise in an area so vast as EOES.

Bit harsh without knowing the full details and reasoning, but given what we know, or have been told, then going nuclear as your solution wasn't possibly the best move!

9 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Did you get an answer to both questions that you raised here?

They've chosen to ignore my post and someone else who also mentions it aswell. 

6 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I wish i could say that comes as a surprise, but i can't  :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Facebook and Twitter are great for one way output, people to input and say how triffic everything is and the ability/facility to not have to interact with anybody or anything that doesn't follow that path before moving on the the next story, so can't say that I'm surprised. Would have been more surprised if you'd have got a reply.

• Like 3

I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January (http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3747).

Thank you to all who signed the petition.

I will be arranging for the petition to be removed from change.org shortly.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January (http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3747).

So two fingers to dissenters.  I just give up what the hell is the point.     I officially give up. Good riddance many may say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

So if it was a discussion and you now seem so calm about it then one assumes that you were given a better justification than the rubbish that they put out previously. They were never going to back down anyway, just probably disappointed that somebody found their new arrangements graphic to force their hand because it's highly unlikely that they would have made it public otherwise without that (well perhaps in the the first meeting review to bury bad news and stop the conversation). I'm sure that any of those affected who still wish to support or visit the club under such management will take note of the restricted vehicle movement within the Showground and other H&S issues as identified, as well as facilities offered to the disabled by other events at the EoES.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Disappointed to get the email earlier saying the petition was being pulled after your discussion. Bearing in mind how passionate you were, are you able to furnish any more info on what was said ?  

Not a personal dig honestly, but the pulling of the petition seems like a bit of a back down, and i can't help thinking that you've been told to do so..  I hope that's not the case.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Disappointed to get the email earlier saying the petition was being pulled after your discussion. Bearing in mind how passionate you were, are you able to furnish any more info on what was said ?  

Not a personal dig honestly, but the pulling of the petition seems like a bit of a back down, and i can't help thinking that you've been told to do so..  I hope that's not the case.

I’ve certainly not been told to withdraw the petition.

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

I’ve certainly not been told to withdraw the petition.

As i said, wasn't a dig - curious as to what was said that's satisfied you then ?

25 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

As i said, wasn't a dig - curious as to what was said that's satisfied you then ?

I was told that the arrangements were not going to change - so I decided that the petition had run its course. I was disappointed by the outcome of course.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I was told that the arrangements were not going to change; so the petition had run its course.

Blimey - bet there ain't many petitions that get pulled so easily. 

So because they said it wasn't gonna change, that satisfied you ?  Each to their own, but that wouldn't satisfy me.

I realise you weren't speaking to whoever it was on behalf of folk on an official basis, but blimey.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Blimey - bet there ain't many petitions that get pulled so easily. 

So because they said it wasn't gonna change, that satisfied you ?  Each to their own, but that wouldn't satisfy me.

I realise you weren't speaking to whoever it was on behalf of folk on an official basis, but blimey.

If only XR would capitulate so easily!!

• Like 3