British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

11 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

I was told that the arrangements were not going to change - so I decided that the petition had run its course. I was disappointed by the outcome of course.

You knew that anyway - As I put on the same day as you posted the link "If they were going to look at it again then they wouldn't have issued an official statement that made the situation worse." - And you said " simply urging the Promotion to look at the situation again from the perspective of a Blue-Badge holder" - which they clearly haven't done at any point but you've gone from up in arms, to a petition, nearly page long solution that you offered to administer and then one chat where you're told "that's the way it is mate" and you say, OH OK ! Reminds me of Boris accusing Corbyn of being captured, jugulated, reprogrammed by his friends and turned into a Remainer! (we can use promoter for our purposes).

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January (http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3747).

Thank you to all who signed the petition.

I will be arranging for the petition to be removed from change.org shortly.

So I've made my final ever visit to Peterborough, which will deprive me of the chance of supporting my local club when they visit.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

So I've made my final ever visit to Peterborough, which will deprive me of the chance of supporting my local club when they visit.

"We respect the fact that the above hasn’t been caused by everyone issued with a blue badge, and we do also know and understand this decision affects everyone that will attend our race meetings that are issued with a blue badge."

"We have over the years made preservations for internal disabled parking but unfortunately we cannot carry this on, and we will use the official disabled parking that is used at all Showground events."

"Sorry for the inconvenience but we hope everyone understands the situation."

I'm pretty confident that you fall into the first category here and therefore fully understand being caught up in this debacle? The EoES bosses apparently say that the club is in charge of its own event parking and from what the club has said in public (if not in discussion Neil!) they have unilaterally removed the welcome longstanding internal disabled parking reasonable adjustments for their customers when they infact could indeed carry on with the facility.

Edited by Crump99
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

"We respect the fact that the above hasn’t been caused by everyone issued with a blue badge, and we do also know and understand this decision affects everyone that will attend our race meetings that are issued with a blue badge."

"We have over the years made preservations for internal disabled parking but unfortunately we cannot carry this on, and we will use the official disabled parking that is used at all Showground events."

"Sorry for the inconvenience but we hope everyone understands the situation."

I'm pretty confident that you fall into the first category here and fully understand being caught up in this debacle? The EoES bosses say that the club is in charge of its own event parking and from what the club has said they have unilaterally removed the welcome longstanding internal disabled parking reasonable adjustments for their customers when they infact could indeed carry it on.

I can manage the walk myself, but as I've said on previous postings, my wife has advanced cancer in both her lungs, along with hip and breast, and has just started yet another 21-week course of chemo, after only finishing an 18-week course last August.
She's trying as hard as she can to be independent and positive, and the thought of putting her in a wheel chair sends her into a negative mood, and that I don't want, as she must stay positive for as long as possible, even in her extremely dark days, of which there are many.

Due to the side effects of the treatment, journeys in the evening are very tiring for her, and make her feel unwell.  So anything over an hour from home is out of the question, which only leaves us with Peterborough.  So this decision has taken away her one bit of evening pleasure as far as watching speedway is concerned, so I'm just so grateful for her sake, that Mildenhall still run meetings in the afternoon, which she can cope with, as the body isn't so tired at that time of day.  

We will both miss our visits to Peterborough, which along with Belle Vue (basing that on TV meetings we've seen) produces the best racing in the Premiership by a country mile.
I know that I could still go, but I'll be buggered if I'm going to leave her at home on her own watching something we've both enjoyed as a couple for a great many years.

I have a neighbour who kindly sits with her whilst I go to King's Lynn, as we both feel that I mustn't stop my life completely, as her illness affects and tests my mental strength beyond belief, so I do need a break, so that I can still be as strong as I can for her for the rest of the days and nights.

So thank you Peterborough Speedway Club for denying people like my wife (it's bound to keep others away) that little bit of pleasure they need, as they fight their way through what life they have left.  Be ashamed of yourselves.    

• Sad 3

31 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I can manage the walk myself, but as I've said on previous postings, my wife has advanced cancer in both her lungs, along with hip and breast, and has just started yet another 21-week course of chemo, after only finishing an 18-week course last August.
She's trying as hard as she can to be independent and positive, and the thought of putting her in a wheel chair sends her into a negative mood, and that I don't want, as she must stay positive for as long as possible, even in her extremely dark days, of which there are many.

Due to the side effects of the treatment, journeys in the evening are very tiring for her, and make her feel unwell.  So anything over an hour from home is out of the question, which only leaves us with Peterborough.  So this decision has taken away her one bit of evening pleasure as far as watching speedway is concerned, so I'm just so grateful for her sake, that Mildenhall still run meetings in the afternoon, which she can cope with, as the body isn't so tired at that time of day.  

We will both miss our visits to Peterborough, which along with Belle Vue (basing that on TV meetings we've seen) produces the best racing in the Premiership by a country mile.
I know that I could still go, but I'll be buggered if I'm going to leave her at home on her own watching something we've both enjoyed as a couple for a great many years.

I have a neighbour who kindly sits with her whilst I go to King's Lynn, as we both feel that I mustn't stop my life completely, as her illness affects and tests my mental strength beyond belief, so I do need a break, so that I can still be as strong as I can for her for the rest of the days and nights.

So thank you Peterborough Speedway Club for denying people like my wife (it's bound to keep others away) that little bit of pleasure they need, as they fight their way through what life they have left.  Be ashamed of yourselves.    

I certainly do not understand clearly as with all things Panthers there is more to this than we are being allowed to know. As it stands those who have made the decision which has been universally condemmed  stand accused of total lack of compassion  and absence of "the milk of human kindness" this rotten deed will haunt them for a long time.

My car of four includes two people who could never do that walk, so it's looking like only Ipswich and Mildenhall for us this season ...

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

My car of four includes two people who could never do that walk, so it's looking like only Ipswich and Mildenhall for us this season ...

Neil Watson has talked to those responsible, and must know more. It is the right thing Neil to make public what you know.

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Neil Watson has talked to those responsible, and must know more. It is the right thing Neil to make public what you know.

I'm not holding my breath there.  I'm still pretty stunned at the pulling of the petition off the back of one conversation with zero details whatsoever made public.

After all that fuss aswell.  Sadly sums up things over the years in speedway - those on the inside are quite happy to clam up when pushed for details from the paying public.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

I'm not holding my breath there.  I'm still pretty stunned at the pulling of the petition off the back of one conversation with zero details whatsoever made public.

After all that fuss aswell.  Sadly sums up things over the years in speedway - those on the inside are quite happy to clam up when pushed for details from the paying public.

There is nothing to add - the arrangements are not going to change so the petition is of no further use.

Edited by NeilWatson

2 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

The current setting following one apparent discussion is tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm. There are times to say and do nothing and this was one because "not going to change" is a pretty pathetic stance, without better explanation, from someone who felt the need to start the thread and petition in the first place.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

I'm sure some would say he's been told 'Pull it or you're banned', though we'll deny saying that....... I'm not saying I say that, but some would.......

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JC71 said:

I'm sure some would say he's been told 'Pull it or you're banned', though we'll deny saying that....... I'm not saying I say that, but some would.......

He is already banned. I have a lot of time for Neil but for one reason or another he always gives the impression  that he knows more than he is letting on but there is some  reason why he will not tell.

Edited by wealdstone

39 minutes ago, JC71 said:

He's already said elsewhere that one of the management team banned him anyway and even if that wasn't the case then while the current Blue Badge situation continues he couldn't attend anyway. Therefore it's not logical to suddenly roll over so easily without a better reason than that given.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, JC71 said:

I've been on forums for best part of 20 years with Neil though i dont know him personally, so i wouldnt normally have thought along those lines..

However, it stinks of that big time imo.  Edit - just seen that Neil is already banned..  still stinks tho. 

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

He's already said elsewhere that one of the management team banned him anyway and even if that wasn't the case then while the current Blue Badge situation continues he couldn't attend anyway. Therefore it's not logical to suddenly roll over so easily without a better reason than that given.

Exactly, surely more reason to p the promotion off even more by causing aggro with the petition etc if he's banned already.

• Like 2