British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

16 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Buster has been known to get agitated

Indeed he has. But as we know, he is never wrong  (he says).

On 3/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, The Doctor... said:

You're already aware of this i think, but i'll show my hand on the thread now anyway...  i contacted the Telegraph up there a few weeks back and after some dialogue got the same initial positive response - they contacted the club, got a terse bordering rude reply and off the back of that were going to run a story.  They then stumbled a bit and said it was going to be subject to discussions internally as they didn't want to run the risk of their reporter getting banned from attending. I've checked regularly to see if the ever did go thru with it, but it appears not.

Seems like the radio and also the papers are a bit scared of the promotion up there which is a shame.

I would have thought that the Peterborough Telegraph and BBC Radio Cambs don't need the speedway at all anyway if the club want to be funny about it. Plenty of other minority local sport to report on. We know that this isn't a golden era for our sport and I wouldn't imagine that the media regulary comes knocking? Also a story from those media outlets explaining that the were not welcome at the club and explaining why would potentially be more damaging for the business of Peterborough Speedway rather than a couple of local media outlets that are unlikely to lose any significant reader or listener numbers on the back of it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

I would have thought that the Peterborough Telegraph and BBC Radio Cambs don't need the speedway at all anyway if the club want to be funny about it. Plenty of other minority local sport to report on. We know that this isn't a golden era for our sport and I wouldn't imagine that the media regulary comes knocking? Also a story from those media outlets explaining that the were not welcome at the club and explaining why would potentially be more damaging for the business of Peterborough Speedway rather than a couple of local media outlets that are unlikely to lose any significant reader or listener numbers on the back of it?

They have told me that they (BBC) will be doing this today or in two weeks time.

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

They have told me that they (BBC) will be doing this today or in two weeks time.

Interesting. I only ever listen to the Posh on there and I'm out for tea tonight so hopefully someone catches it and reports on what was said, whenever its covered. One assumes that they've caught up with whoever spoke at Neil and will explore "I had a discussion with one of the management team from Peterborough Speedway today. I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January" in terms of why the arrangement was changed so drastically in the first place based on not much in the club notice and why they can't think again and administer a system that has worked fine for a decade or more?

On 3/13/2020 at 12:57 PM, wealdstone said:

Assume that it wasn't on yesterday and in two weeks time it'll not matter anyway because I doubt that anyone will be parking at the speedway.

Edited by Crump99

Interesting analogy:

"We respect the fact that the above hasn’t been caused by everyone issued with a blue badge, and we do also know and understand this decision affects everyone that will attend our race meetings that are issued with a blue badge." peterborough-speedway 28/1/20

Piers Morgan@piersmorgan (6/4/20): "We shouldn't ban people from exercising, because that would punish those heeding the rules. We should ban morons who ignore the rules to go out partying or sunbathing - from receiving any NHS treatment if they get the virus.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 5:10 PM, The Doctor... said:

You're already aware of this i think, but i'll show my hand on the thread now anyway...  i contacted the Telegraph up there a few weeks back and after some dialogue got the same initial positive response - they contacted the club, got a terse bordering rude reply and off the back of that were going to run a story.  They then stumbled a bit and said it was going to be subject to discussions internally as they didn't want to run the risk of their reporter getting banned from attending. I've checked regularly to see if the ever did go thru with it, but it appears not.

Seems like the radio and also the papers are a bit scared of the promotion up there which is a shame.

True 23/4/20 (peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/other-sport/peterborough-panthers-could-race-autumn-and-winter-while-club-owner-praises-his-backroom-staff) - not that Swann would have a clue anyway and couldn't see him attending the EoES any time.

There is a chance Peterborough Panthers could race in a shortened Premiership speedway season from September to November.

"Fans were also flooding the club’s social media channels raising concerns about the lack of speed in team building (as well as :rolleyes: )"

Their new arrangements are unacceptable in the summer, but Sept to Nov, good opportunity to think again!

Edited by Crump99

I really feel for the Peterborough promotion as I know they had put so much time and effort in to making this season a successful one for the club,” Nicholls added.

“We know last season wasn’t a great one for everyone so many things had been put in place behind the scenes to improve on last year ET 21/5/20

Sort of countered by the addition of the biggest cock-up any promotion has made in the last 20 years towards a section of it's fanbase and visitors.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

I really feel for the Peterborough promotion as I know they had put so much time and effort in to making this season a successful one for the club,” Nicholls added.

“We know last season wasn’t a great one for everyone so many things had been put in place behind the scenes to improve on last year ET 21/5/20

Sort of countered by the addition of the biggest cock-up any promotion has made in the last 20 years towards a section of it's fanbase and visitors.

True another inane update to official site. No mention of shafting of BB holders or hanging on to season ticket money under false pretenses. As I have said many times before I am not desperate for the money and if it helped Panthers I would gladly let it ride.  I feel however disinclined to help a management who seemingly do not give  stuff re fans. Much praise on sites re sponsors none re fans .

Can there be anything much lower than re write rules for BB parking to suit their own agenda , then get a management troll to ridicule any fears  that differ from  the three line whip imposed

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Much praise on sites re sponsors none re fans .

Probably can't believe their luck that they've got any so need to keep them sweet, although to be fair to the sponsors they probably know little of this. However, I'd certainly not be partaking in #WallpaperWednesday (it's a Twitter thing Wealdstone, I'll educate you elsewhere if confused :D ).

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 12:57 PM, wealdstone said:

Given that BBC Radio Cambs have run a story this week (that now links to the Pratt website article that also ran in the Peterborough Telegraph this week) it might, if you have a contact, be worth bending their ear again now that many of the customers they've displaced would probably be vulnerable under Covid-19 on top of the original reasoning which looks weaker now given that there will be a lot less vehicle traffic and footfall in the unlikely event of anything happening in 2020.

Edited by Crump99

Peterborough Panthers Speedway@PboroPanthers Sep 7

EVENT | Young Driver Peterborough will be at the East of England Arena on Saturday September 26.

On arrival at the East of England Showground please follow the main road around to Gate 17, turn left and immediately left again at Gate 14.

Parking on-site and is free for all customers.

Once parked, it is short walk to the reception area. Please following the Young Driver signage.

There are also some disabled parking spaces.

Site is floodlit.

When and if Speedway returns to this country in general and Peterborough in particular, it is to be hoped that consideration for the paying public will be high on the agenda and the universally condemned shafting of BB holders will be reversed.  Speedway under the current stewardship without any effort to regard fans as the customers is likely in the near future to have 90% of the fans in the BB category.  

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 4:41 PM, wealdstone said:

When and if Speedway returns to this country in general and Peterborough in particular, it is to be hoped that consideration for the paying public will be high on the agenda and the universally condemned shafting of BB holders will be reversed.  Speedway under the current stewardship without any effort to regard fans as the customers is likely in the near future to have 90% of the fans in the BB category. 

Well as they've got a plan of sorts now, although a season as proposed is unlikely, here is some education for them on this topic regarding new rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55221474

• Like 1

Dale  Allitt has replied to my  queries re BB parking and Season tickets. Naturally as things stand  it is unreasonable to expect a definitive answer on this.

Dale seems a lot more friendly to the fans than previous regime. Re BB parking however it seems that he gas been led to believe that it was all down to EOES , I have sent him the E Mails from Jason Lunn to show this is untrue.  I really think that if Dale had any input decency would prevail .l 

• Like 2