British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

19 minutes ago, Lionspride said:

Sorry these spaces have now been renamed O.A.P parking & 5 of the 7 Panthers has spots reserved every week.

Not sure what you mean, can you clarify? 

19 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Not sure what you mean, can you clarify? 

It was a tongue in cheek joke because the Panthers team is full of OAP’s in speedway terms 5 of the 7 are 39 or over.

1 minute ago, Lionspride said:

It was a tongue in cheek joke because the Panthers team is full of OAP’s in speedway terms 5 of the 7 are 39 or over.

Thank for that you did have me fooled I must admit

22 hours ago, Lionspride said:

Could have been worse, Peterborough could have signed James Wright then it would be 6 out of 7.

3 hours ago, cdakev said:

Could have been worse, Peterborough could have signed James Wright then it would be 6 out of 7.

Isn't James wright 34

4 hours ago, cdakev said:

Might be named the OAP'S but there are top quality ones still in the prem league

I understand there will be some good news shortly on this matter.

• Like 1

Not been on here for many years but thought I would re visit to see what’s going on...I am a Panthers supporter and have seen many posts in various other sites regarding the disabled parking situation. I’m a delivery driver for a haulage parts company in market deeping and I had a delivery in Whittlesey a couple of weeks ago and funnily enough I was delivering to the company Carl (Johnson) works for. We had a good chat for 10-15 mins about the state of speedway and why he left the club, We had a chat about a few things and the disabled situation came up, well I brought it up....he stated a meeting was held with the showground manager Jason (Lunn) and their health and safety representative. I forgot her name, and Buster, Colin and Carl. He said the showground health and safety lady was totally against inside parking because she wanted a limited amount of vehicles inside the stadium. Jason backed her up as did a Peterborough representative....but he wouldn’t tell me who...Carl said he wanted the parking to stay as it has done for many years but just needed improving, but others didn’t agree....he was told nobody else uses the inside facility so why should the speedway. He said he had spoken with Buster and Colin after the meeting to state we would lose a lot of loyal fans. I can’t say what he was told....as it would upset you all.  

Now I see you say Dale is trying to sort it for you guys, someone has obviously had a change of heart. And you also state Dale said it was down to the showground so I can’t see why both Dale and Carl would say that if it didn’t happen. 

10 hours ago, Redleader said:

Not been on here for many years but thought I would re visit to see what’s going on...I am a Panthers supporter and have seen many posts in various other sites regarding the disabled parking situation. I’m a delivery driver for a haulage parts company in market deeping and I had a delivery in Whittlesey a couple of weeks ago and funnily enough I was delivering to the company Carl (Johnson) works for. We had a good chat for 10-15 mins about the state of speedway and why he left the club, We had a chat about a few things and the disabled situation came up, well I brought it up....he stated a meeting was held with the showground manager Jason (Lunn) and their health and safety representative. I forgot her name, and Buster, Colin and Carl. He said the showground health and safety lady was totally against inside parking because she wanted a limited amount of vehicles inside the stadium. Jason backed her up as did a Peterborough representative....but he wouldn’t tell me who...Carl said he wanted the parking to stay as it has done for many years but just needed improving, but others didn’t agree....he was told nobody else uses the inside facility so why should the speedway. He said he had spoken with Buster and Colin after the meeting to state we would lose a lot of loyal fans. I can’t say what he was told....as it would upset you all.  

Now I see you say Dale is trying to sort it for you guys, someone has obviously had a change of heart. And you also state Dale said it was down to the showground so I can’t see why both Dale and Carl would say that if it didn’t happen. 

I still have the E Mail from Jason Lunn stating it was all down to Peterborough Speedway. To use a phrase  currently  in vogue "some may have different recollections"

Maybe the showground didn’t want the comeback from supporters so used the speedway as an excuse ? There is always 2 sides to a story....so don’t be blinded by just 1.

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I still have the E Mail from Jason Lunn stating it was all down to Peterborough Speedway. To use a phrase  currently  in vogue "some may have different recollections"

And as far as I’m aware Dale wasn’t in the meeting at the showground. Dale is Keith’s right hand man so how would Dale know what was said or went on if he wasn’t told by someone else ? And now Carl is no longer involved why would Dale tell you it was the showground if it wasn’t ? Surely he would throw Carl under the bus if it was Carl that made that call. 

27 minutes ago, Redleader said:

And as far as I’m aware Dale wasn’t in the meeting at the showground. Dale is Keith’s right hand man so how would Dale know what was said or went on if he wasn’t told by someone else ? And now Carl is no longer involved why would Dale tell you it was the showground if it wasn’t ? Surely he would throw Carl under the bus if it was Carl that made that call. 

Lets be clear!! Dale claimed to be unaware of the E Mail I had from Jason Lunn  ,until I sent it to him. The EM ail from Jason Lunn is unequivocal that it was all down to Speedway not EOES

2 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Lets be clear!! Dale claimed to be unaware of the E Mail I had from Jason Lunn  ,until I sent it to him. The EM ail from Jason Lunn is unequivocal that it was all down to Speedway not EOES

Seems to me that Redleader is yet another new poster with "his own agenda".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Seems to me that Redleader is yet another new poster with "his own agenda".

It is possible that this is the same person who appeared last year in many guises one being "Messiah of BSF"

• Like 1