British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

It is possible that this is the same person who appeared last year in many guises one being "Messiah of BSF"

Whoever he is it's probably best to disregard his posts as he's not on this forum for the right reasons.

38 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

It is possible that this is the same person who appeared last year in many guises one being "Messiah of BSF"

no idea who you are talking about and I have no agenda....I’m here to support everyone. It just seems from what I’ve seen on here that the finger has been pointed at the club and nobody else ? So if the club sent you an email saying they wasn’t to blame for it would you still say it was down to the club ? Anyone could say anything in an email.....I’m in agreement with everyone that the disabled parking needs to stay within the stadium but I also think there is more to it than meets the eye. 
And what has Carl got to gain by telling me what happened ? Or for that matter what has he got to lose ? He wanted to keep the parking from what he told me, so if it wasn’t him that put a stop to it who was it ?  

4 hours ago, Redleader said:

Maybe the showground didn’t want the comeback from supporters so used the speedway as an excuse ? There is always 2 sides to a story....so don’t be blinded by just 1.

"We had a good chat for 10-15 mins" well you were. Seems like a blame deflection agenda to me. It'd be better and taken more seriously if it came from the organ grinder.

Edited by Crump99

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Whoever he is it's probably best to disregard his posts as he's not on this forum for the right reasons.

Saves us bringing the thread back up the to the top of the front page so useful in that respect. 

3 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

"We had a good chat for 10-15 mins" well you were. Seems like a blame deflection agenda to me. It'd be better and taken seriously if it came from the organ grinder.

That was my  view.!!

24 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

"We had a good chat for 10-15 mins" well you were. Seems like a blame deflection agenda to me. It'd be better and taken more seriously if it came from the organ grinder.

I’m sure the organ grinder will come out with the truth and stiff himself if that’s what has happened.....I can only tell you what was told to me and I have no need to disbelieve especially with other things I was told. 

24 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Maybe a letter to

Justin Tomlinson (MP)

Minister of State (Minister for Disabled People, Health and Work) 

would be more useful asking them to review the legality of the decisions made at the Peterborough Showground.

My feeling is that good news could be on its way!!!

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Maybe a letter to

Justin Tomlinson (MP)

would be more useful asking them to review the legality of the decisions made at the Peterborough Showground.

Is he the MP for Swindon who is right behind the redevelopment of the stadium before the houses surrounding it are built

On 5/7/2021 at 5:55 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Maybe a letter to

Justin Tomlinson (MP)

It's pretty small beer though to justify that sort contact. Local paper and radio would have been effective enough.  Hopefully they'll not be needed if Wealdstone's information becomes reality.

We have won the case. Disabled parking reverting to previous arrangements. Perseverance has paid off.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

We have won the case. Disabled parking reverting to previous arrangements. Perseverance has paid off.

Just how it was meant to be…..couldn’t afford to lose so many supporters, especially with the pandemic as well

7 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Excellent news. 

I hope Mimmo and any others who were genuinely affected by this s_hithouse behaviour from management can at least enjoy their speedway now.

Well done to everyone involved.

9 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Thank goodness sense has prevailed.  It means that when my wife feels well enough, which sadly isn't very often anymore, at least she'll be able to see some racing at a track she enjoys.
Thanks to those who pushed for this, and the management for doing a u-turn. 

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 8:04 AM, Mimmo said:

Thank goodness sense has prevailed.  It means that when my wife feels well enough, which sadly isn't very often anymore, at least she'll be able to see some racing at a track she enjoys.
Thanks to those who pushed for this, and the management for doing a u-turn. 

More a case of thanking Covid because make no mistake this would have happened but for the lack of a season's racing. Management were entrenched and blinkered so fortunately they got breathing space and someone more empathetic came on board. Irrespective though, the right decision was made so credit where it's due as you say. Hopefully your wife will have enough good days to allow you both to attend.

• Like 2