British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

How the hec do we manage our every day life I wonder. We all need to go shopping for what ever.These days we have to go into a precinct or shopping centre,even supermarket.                       Apart from the severely disable we manage to get around some how. Having watched some BB holder park outside a large shop then find no problem walking around,with a frame or chair. I can not see what the problem is with the Blue Badge parking area at Peterborough.is.                                                                                                                                                                                         

I now believe that there is a trouble maker on here just wanting to stir a POO POT.I love Speedway and only the rain will stop me and a more from turning up for every meeting.                                                       

• Sad 1

I can give you a daily diary of my life if you like? With and without carer to show the difference.....

Suffice to say, without a carer, going to the supermarket was/is a no go area let alone a precinct or shopping centre and it is only recently I have actually had a full time carer. Before that, my life was extremely limited and isolating. However, at 49 years young, I do still like my independence and anything that allows me to have that, I will grab onto for as long as I can.

Thankfully I have an extremely understanding and flexible employer who is good at spotting changes that can be made even before I do to make my life easier and ensuring I can still work while my body deteriorates ever more and now a carer to deliver me to my desk and collect me afterwards.

Re Peterborough and their changes, for a singleton disabled person, it makes it nigh on impossible for them to attend because the distances are too great unless they then also find and pay for a carer to attend. For most, this would be outside of their affordability.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, greytiger said:

How the hec do we manage our every day life I wonder. We all need to go shopping for what ever.These days we have to go into a precinct or shopping centre,even supermarket.                       Apart from the severely disable we manage to get around some how. Having watched some BB holder park outside a large shop then find no problem walking around,with a frame or chair. I can not see what the problem is with the Blue Badge parking area at Peterborough.is.                                                                                                                                                                                         

I now believe that there is a trouble maker on here just wanting to stir a POO POT.I love Speedway and only the rain will stop me and a more from turning up for every meeting.                                                       

Distance, terrain and lighting to name three

There’s certainly a trouble-maker on here - the one who changes his forum name every day and swamps otherwise sensible debate with ‘poo’.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, greytiger said:

Educate yourself and you might make a valid contribution.

• Like 1

My wife  is in an advanced stage of cancer for both lungs, breast and hip, and recently finished an 18-week course of chemo, which hasn't worked, so has just started another 6-9 month course of a different chemo.which means she can only do short walks at a time without resting, which rules us out of ever going to Peterborough again. 
She's always loved her speedway at Peterborough, as do I to be honest, and now we'll NEVER be able to go there again.

It's a very sad day for us and the great many others that are disabled, who have ploughed money through the turnstiles for 'X' amount of years, only to be thrown aside like this.
There was never any problems with cars, disabled or not, parking inside Buxton and Stoke, so why should there be at Peterborough.  It's far more dangerous leaving other stadiums where the public are mingling with cars trying to beat each other out of the car park.     

If we assume that say twenty cars with blue badge holders stop attending, and I'm sure it will be a lot more than that, there's usually a minimum of two people in each vehicle, that takes it up to forty paying customers, and let's assume they are all concession customers, that the club will lose throughout the season.
At the moment, assuming they don't make the play-off's, they have sixteen home fixtures planned.  Based on the 2019 admission price of £16 (they haven't disclosed the 2020 prices on their website, other than for season tickets) that equates to £10,240.  All twenty cars pay £1 to park which equals £320, and lets presume that 50% of them buy a programme at £3 per head, which comes out at £960.  That means in 2020, the club are going to lose in the region of £11,520.  Can they really afford to do that?    

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wealdstone said:

As a non twitterer   what have they put on twitter?t

Someone remarked that the disabled had been treated badly and the club replied with 'Incorrect'. Nothing else, just 'Incorrect'. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Someone remarked that the disabled had been treated badly and the club replied with 'Incorrect'. Nothing else, just 'Incorrect'. 

I saw that. I was going to ask for an explanation but it seems to have disappeared. Can you still see that reply?

10 hours ago, greytiger said:

Signed!

I hope the worst that happens to you in life is that you get rained on! Nobody knows what the future holds for us. I fly solo now but up until recently went to Speedway up and down the country with my Father, he died from IPF (his lungs packed up), last meeting was ironically at Peterborough in 2017, although he never did, there would have been a point where he would have needed to use the disabled facilities had he made it through the winter.

I helped a blind man across the road the other day, if it were down to you he'd still be on the other side... or worse.

Have some thought for others and just sign the bloody petition!

• Like 2

Finally found the change.org email, it had gone straight to my recently deleted folder! I suspect that is AOL playing up but the requests for money are something else. Will you give? NO. Are you sure? YES. Please share. I don't have twitter, Facebook or any other social media site so NO. Are you sure? And so it goes on. 

Happy to support worthwhile causes but not through change.org ever again. 

3 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Finally found the change.org email, it had gone straight to my recently deleted folder! I suspect that is AOL playing up but the requests for money are something else. Will you give? NO. Are you sure? YES. Please share. I don't have twitter, Facebook or any other social media site so NO. Are you sure? And so it goes on. 

Happy to support worthwhile causes but not through change.org ever again. 

Just to rub it in change.org have now sent me an email suggesting I support other good causes. They can get lost, I have unsubscribed. 

i wonder who it is that runs the twitter page?

Looks  like even the supporters club now clawed into the inner sanctum.

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

i wonder who it is that runs the twitter page?

Used to be Plummer didn't it? Not sure if that's still the case but given the content I'd put 50p on that still being the case but wouldn't have him down for that sort of comment usually but perhaps if prompted then who knows? Probably The Messiah or whatever he's called today.

Edited by Crump99