British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Speedway Disabled Parking 2020

On 2/23/2020 at 10:17 AM, The Doctor... said:

Hold on a second.  Don't go taking a swing at me now just because i said that it was unnecessary to take a pop at someone who by your own admittance you have on block - why cause an issue by saying what you did to him ?  He wasn't taking a pop at you was he ? 

As for saying about my typical efforts to stir matters up - i've been vocal on here in support of this with no issues at all, but now because i'm saying that you're intentionally taking a pop at someone, I'm the one seen as stirring matters up ?  Give over. 

If i wanted to stir matters up i would send people a few links about you and let them make their own mind up who the pillock is here.  

For some reason you seem to think your opinion is more valid than others and that's simply not the case. The sooner you get your head around that the better really as you're constantly gonna be butting heads with people all over this forum for years to come.

I've noticed you picking arguments on several threads now with supporters far and wide even up to this evening - perhaps take a little closer look at yourself before you say about others stirring things up.  Also, probably best to block me as if you carry on with this attitude i'll do something i perhaps won't be proud of.

Tom Elwood, not hiding behind a false name.

The guy is an absolute tool. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2020 at 1:25 PM, wealdstone said:

I am hearing that interest in this matter  is spreading wider and could result in even more negative publicity. Looks  like management may not escape unscathed. Hope they have got a better explanation than they have come up with so far. 

Not holding your breath on either count are you?

Just now, Crump99 said:

Not holding your breath on either count are you?

Not really

9 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Not really

Good. You'll need to conserve your energy for planning and physical/mental effort if you choose to watch some speedway at the EoES in 2020, while it's still there beyond and under the current administration.

The more  I think of this the  less I can understand how anybody could do something so totally  rotten and show such a complete lack of understanding regarding the basic concept of Blue Badges. Once again regardless of the evidence or view of others management feel it it undermines their status as management to even consider they may have got it wrong

• Like 3

I wonder how many Blue Badge holders will stay away when push comes to shove.  There's two here which would amount to a loss of £640 over the season, if we we able to be regulars.  If only five cars with two people in stopped going, and were all Senior Citizens, that would equate to £6,400 and so it goes.  It's a heck of a lot of money to be risking throwing away.   

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wealdstone said:

The more  I think of this the  less I can understand how anybody could do something so totally  rotten and show such a complete lack of understanding regarding the basic concept of Blue Badges. Once again regardless of the evidence or view of others management feel it it undermines their status as management to even consider they may have got it wrong

As Bob Woodward said: If you're gonna hype it, hype it with the facts. I don't mind what you did (well of course we do). I mind the way you did it.

When did the procedure change anyway? When was the website graphic uploaded? Were they going to put out a club statement before their hand was forced or were they just going to let disabled supporters turn up whenever and discover the new arrangement?  If there was a good argument put up (ie the Showground did it) and some mitigation for the consequences of that action then there might have been more understanding but it hasn't been communicated in public as yet.

It's easy just to focus on the BB element but what we're actually talking about here is paying customers, their friends and family.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, wealdstone said:

management feel it it undermines their status as management to even consider they may have got it wrong

They follow utterly and remorselessly the Chairman Mao style of management. Do as you are told.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

They follow utterly and remorselessly the Chairman Mao style of management. Do as you are told.

That may or may not be true but poking them with a stick isn't a great negotiating tactic for change when we're told " I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January " - better to come up with a way that they can have a rethink without losing face. It isn't that difficult tbh for them to do that, then they could get much credit and show they are not as you've labelled them.

17 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

That may or may not be true but poking them with a stick isn't a great negotiating tactic for change when we're told " I have been advised that there will be no change to the new arrangements outlined in the Club press release of 28th January " - better to come up with a way that they can have a rethink without losing face. It isn't that difficult tbh for them to do that, then they could get much credit and show they are not as you've labelled them.

Giving in is  a sign of weakness in management speak

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Giving in is  a sign of weakness in management speak

Which management speak is this? I agree that generally that may be the case which is why management anywhere on anything is usually held in such low esteem. Surely righting a wrong (reminds me of the Khasi of Khalabar sending, in numerical order, each of his fifty-one wives to Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond,  each one of them wishing to "right the wrong") is a sign of strength and good promotion?

This post is a response from Julie Reading (Sheffield Promoter) to concerns voiced on this forum about disabled viewing at Sheffield.

• Like 2

Could I just point out to a couple of people that have read these posts and sent me a message on Messenger, IT'S NOT A CASE OF THAT I DON'T WANT TO GO TO PETERBOROUGH, because I very much do, as I love the racing there, but it's because I PHYSICALLY CAN'T DUE TO MY WIFE'S LUNG CANCERS, she just can't walk that far.  End of, any more PM's from you will be deleted without reading them.  

7 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Could I just point out to a couple of people that have read these posts and sent me a message on Messenger, IT'S NOT A CASE OF THAT I DON'T WANT TO GO TO PETERBOROUGH, because I very much do, as I love the racing there, but it's because I PHYSICALLY CAN'T DUE TO MY WIFE'S LUNG CANCERS, she just can't walk that far.  End of, any more PM's from you will be deleted without reading them.  

They can send them to me instead. I'll have a discussion with them!

• Like 1

From correspondence I have had with the club either unintentionally or deliberately  they fail to understand the basic concept of Blue Badges IE holders are unable to walk very far.  Typical of their attitude was when I was asked to explain why Blue Badge Holders going to Speedway should expect different treatment to those attending any other event at EOES. Whilst normal Blue Badge parking may be acceptable for events at Arena ,  which is a short distance from entrance they certainly are not for the Speedway,  Of course, they will never give in and argue black is white till the cows come home even if they realise they have got it wrong.   

• Thanks 1