British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Lioness - with respect, as Tsunami has deleted the “offending” post maybe you could edit it out of yours - otherwise there is little point in the original disappearing!

Perhaps if Tsunami apologised for a ''clumsy'' post it would solve any unintended offence caused. I am not familiar with the person in case anyone thinks this is personal.

Edited by fliss44
Grammar

What horrible news to find.  RIP Danny.  A great character and entertaining rider taken far too soon.  

• Like 1

Bad enough to lose one of our family at such a young age, but also someone whose racing and relationship with fans was so loved. We need our entertainers.

Whatever the reasons, rest well, Danny. 

• Like 4

Danny was a complete enigma. Brilliant one minute, miles in the lead and then in the fence.

But Speedway is sadly short of riders that generate this kind of excitement, a character and an entertainer and most of all an all round thrill merchant.

He would have been revered as a rider in the 70's and 80's when showman ruled. Sadly he missed that era but equally made the relatively dull speedway of today a joy to watch in races he was in.

Speedway has lost a gem.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

From the first time I saw Danny at Rye House in a second half it was obvious with experience he would develop into a decent rider. What wasnt obvious was how popular he would become. I followed most of his career at Kent and more latterly at Mildenhall. Not only had he become a very accomplished rider but a true showman and crowd favourite.

It's very sad what has happened and there is nothing else to say but my thoughts are with Danny's Family and Friends

• Like 3

R I P DANNY MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS AT THIS SAD TIME 

WHAT A GREAT RIDER 

WILL BE SADLY MISSED BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 

Heartbreaking. RIP Danny, a true entertainer on tracks, a character the sport needs these days. My thoughts go to his family and friends, I hope Danny has found peace.

• Like 1

Devastating news.

I'm glad I saw him in action many times, a great naturally talented rider, full of energy and very entertaining.

R.I.P.

• Like 1

I only saw Danny Ayres ride once, at last years British Final, and for me, his race with Bomber was the highlight of the evening.

Even though he must've been gutted to lose the race he still gave a great interview after, full of passion and great humour, and I remember thinking what a breath of fresh air this guy is, in a sport sadly lacking real entertainers these days. 

Such a shame to go so young RIP

• Like 4

Always good people have to leave us so early absolutely devastated I can’t describe how I feel and many other people right now x

The World of speedway is a sadder place without Danny Ayres.God Bless and thank you for the memories. 

• Sad 1

Awful news.  Danny was an all-out tryer and a real character, speedway is much saddened at his passing.  RIP.....

Cut out the arguments.   This thread is to say one thing.      RIP to an enterainer.

• Like 3

Was genuinely in disbelief when the news broke. 

I'm still shocked if I'm honest. He seemed like such a free spirited bloke, always smiling and always having a laugh. 

RIP man. 

• Like 2