British Speedway Forum

I have seen the rise of Danny Ayres from his early days when he came from moto X he would enter the turns foot forward & get round like a 50P onto his detirmination to ride faster than he was able. Until it all fell into place & Danny Ayres the speedway rider arrived. But through all of this his humour dedication & humility shone out. The title "Mr Entertainer" feels so inadiquate in this day & age he was the ringmaster & we his big top. He will always be remembered for his 2019 British Final but for me so much more.

The thing Danny Ayres was best at was being Danny Ayres

RIP Danny Ayres

"The GREATEST Entertainer"

• Like 2

Absolutely awful news to read about Danny's death this morning. A real joy to watch wherever he rode and a real showman. Had the pleasure of watching Danny on numerous tracks around the Anglia region and his love for the sport and competitive nature were there for all to see. He will be truly missed by all within the sport, last year's ride in the British Final living long in the memory of everyone I'm sure. RIP Danny and condolences to your family and friends.

RIP Danny, such a shock and a true loss to the sport..

Such sad news. Sincere condolences to family and friends. RIP Danny.

15 hours ago, Jason.C said:

Rip Danny, will never forget this race with bomber.  True grit 

best tribute anyone could give him

• Like 5

Danny Ayres, I'm in shock at hearing of his death, What can I say about Danny, This young man always gave 100% and so loved his job, was always full of determination, passion and his love for the sport and his fans was massive, our Condolences go to his family and friends at this very difficult time. Danny Ayres you were loved by so many. May you rest easy big fella, R. I. P

4 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

best tribute anyone could give him

Super race and a credit to the lad!

• Like 1

R.I.P Danny... Wish I could have seen you more than I did... Legend

• Like 3

There was an interesting article in the Speedway Star dated 18th January 2020 about Danny and his life, written by Neil Skelding. Worth a read. 

• Like 3