British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

SCB appoint Track Curator advisors for 2020.

See the statement on the BSPA website.

2 Track Curator advisors appointed to visit every track during the season.

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

See the statement on the BSPA website.

2 Track Curator advisors appointed to visit every track during the season.

Good idea that.

Just in case they need the link.. here it is.

https://www.tidetimes.org.uk/poole-harbour-tide-times

Seriously tho, good idea and hopefully the tracks will take on board the years of experience the two have.

• Haha 4

Just now, ancient mariner said:

It IS a good idea. I can't think why it hasn't been done before.

Wasn't this position held by Doc Bridgett a while back? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I thought he was more a general inspector re the safety side.  I read this as 2 hands on guys who will maybe help and share methods etc.  

2 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

You may well be right. But wasn't his role advisory upon request? This implies that every track gets visited whether they ask for it or not. 

Just now, The Doctor... said:

I thought he was more a general inspector re the safety side.  I read this as 2 hands on guys who will maybe help and share methods etc.  

You're probably right there, although you'd hope he passed on his experience. I also remember, now the medication's kicking in, that Eric Boothroyd had the job of track inspector once. 

So, after they've sorted out Poole will there be enough time in the season to do the rest?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

No he was not the same guy ,the pole who was at Coventry was bought in by sandu and only lasted a month 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

No he was not the same guy ,the pole who was at Coventry was bought in by sandu and only lasted a month 

Marek someone was the Cov guy yeh

Both the appointed inspectors Terry Chrabaszcz and Andy Meredith are the sons of track curators Colin Meredith and i can`t remember Terry`s dad`s name  but he did Wolves for years.

Edit Terry might be the father and Gareth his son.

Edited by racers and royals

55 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Both the appointed inspectors Terry Chrabaszcz and Andy Meredith are the sons of track curators Colin Meredith and i can`t remember Terry`s dad`s name  but he did Wolves for years.

Edit Terry might be the father and Gareth his son.

I thought that Colin Meredith held a similar position some years ago or am I wrong in assuming that?

Just now, steve roberts said:

I thought that Colin Meredith held a similar position some years ago or am I wrong in assuming that?

Yes he did- but possibly it`s a slightly different role

• Like 1

Both doc bridget and colin had totally different jobs there were looking more after fences airbags and to make sure everything else was in order.  The jobs Terry  and Andy are doing is to get tracks more in line with each other and get more consistent tracks and better racing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, pitstop84 said:

Both doc bridget and colin had totally different jobs there were looking more after fences airbags and to make sure everything else was in order.  The jobs Terry  and Andy are doing is to get tracks more in line with each other and get more consistent tracks and better racing. 

Thanks for the clarification. Prior to the 2003 season I helped Colin on a couple of occasions getting the Cowley circuit ready for the new season after it was left unattended for most of the winter. The track, I remember, was in a right state with bumps all over the place and this showed in the first few meetings of the season.

• Like 1