British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

SCB appoint Track Curator advisors for 2020.

They only need to be smoother and slicker to enable current bikes to go as fast as they can and give the rider the easiest ride. It does nothing for the racing.

• Like 2

You are wrong we are stuck with the bikes we have now, that's not gonna change. But like I've said said tracks need to be smoother.  Go to tracks like redcar scunthorpe,  bell vue and they have good racing week in and out

• Like 1

It is ok that the SCB appoint Track Curator Advisors for the poor, bumpy tracks that we have opinions on, and we are all entitled to our opinions, as some of these poor tracks as away fans see them, the home fans will have a different opinion. Shale has been in short supply these last 2 years & the changing, seasonal weather has not helped.

What some tracks have done though & have done these last few years is change the shape to produce better racing. Ipswich & Leicester are teams that have tried a couple of changes. Glasgow & Swindon this last season made changes that the riders, fans & opponents liked. Berwick are changing theirs at this present moment.  

• Like 1

Progress of sorts, providing it doesn't die the death mid-season.

Next thing, they need to change the rules on minimum track sizes/widths for any/all new tracks.  No more small, narrow rubbish.

14 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Can I ask what track you go to ? 

None of your business. I have watched speedway at every track in the country except the NSS, Kent and Isle of Wight. Last season I watched every televised Premiership match, plus all 72 regular season Swedish League matches plus the playoffs, almost every televised match in Poland across all three divisions, all SGPs, SoN meetings plus numerous sundry meetings televised online including two rounds of the 2020 Australian Championship. 

I am in my 50th season of following speedway, during which time I announced at over 200 meetings, and commentated on around 100 matches for TV, plus ice racing in the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden and the Soviet Union plus recorded a rather large number of speedway videos, and have written for three speedway magazines.

I realises this is inadequate to state what should be obvious yo even the lamest BSF keyboard warrior.... 

Go try it on with someone who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. You have plenty of choice....

Well I too have a lot of knowledge of speedway and I've followed it for 50 plus years and worked in speedway for coming up to 36 yes so yes I also know what I'm talking about, 

14 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

None of your business. I have watched speedway at every track in the country except the NSS, Kent and Isle of Wight. Last season I watched every televised Premiership match, plus all 72 regular season Swedish League matches plus the playoffs, almost every televised match in Poland across all three divisions, all SGPs, SoN meetings plus numerous sundry meetings televised online including two rounds of the 2020 Australian Championship. 

I am in my 50th season of following speedway, during which time I announced at over 200 meetings, and commentated on around 100 matches for TV, plus ice racing in the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden and the Soviet Union plus recorded a rather large number of speedway videos, and have written for three speedway magazines.

I realises this is inadequate to state what should be obvious yo even the lamest BSF keyboard warrior.... 

Go try it on with someone who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. You have plenty of choice....

So I'm a keyboard warrior that's what you're saying? You have not got a CLUE.  P.M me you may find out I know 100% in know what I'm talking about........

• Like 1

First thing  Rob Grant really did at Newcastle when he took over was to borrow a big blade from Redcar and sort the track out first ,Rob being a ex rider I think he knows that a good prepared track will give great racing and he knows if new comers come and watch fast exciting racing with plenty passing they would maybe come back ,Having the right equipment makes all the difference Stuart Swales does a great job with what he had but putting a blade on it at the start of the season and getting it right from the start should make it easier to maintain durning the season Then the next thing he did was put his own catering in mmmmmm looking forward to sampling his hog roasts and burgers 

On 2/7/2020 at 8:55 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Wow! Bit of a shot in the foot this Rob......

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

First thing  Rob Grant really did at Newcastle when he took over was to borrow a big blade from Redcar and sort the track out first ,Rob being a ex rider I think he knows that a good prepared track will give great racing and he knows if new comers come and watch fast exciting racing with plenty passing they would maybe come back ,Having the right equipment makes all the difference Stuart Swales does a great job with what he had but putting a blade on it at the start of the season and getting it right from the start should make it easier to maintain durning the season Then the next thing he did was put his own catering in mmmmmm looking forward to sampling his hog roasts and burgers 

Jonathan Swales not Stuart Swales. :P

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 9:05 PM, pitstop84 said:

Well I too have a lot of knowledge of speedway and I've followed it for 50 plus years and worked in speedway for coming up to 36 yes so yes I also know what I'm talking about, 

Buster has a blade and the AFA is as smooth as, but very grippy. Peterborough has been really fast, last season, but some meetings have had great racing( by other admissions). Buster can provide a smooth fast track....But it can't be down to the clay content alone , because  the Showground has had some  good meetings with passing last season. Is it do much dirt ,to much water and to much packing ?

What is your view.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Did buster do the track every week? Not saying it is but it could be the way buster prep is tracks , which to be fair at kings Lynn  it is prepared more that way with cars in mind. Think this year buster as said it will not be as grippy if so get it back to the way it use to be, think most people would be happy to see the racing as good as it was. Just my thoughts.