British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Backtrack latest issue - Nine Point Riders etc.

Have just received the latest edition of "Backtrack" and the list of riders who averaged over nine points is a real "Who's Who" of riders back then during speedway's last 'Golden Era'.

Michanek, Mauger, Olsen, E.Boocock, Simmons, Lovaas, Boulger, C.Pusey, M.Ashby, Louis, Betts, Lofqvist, Eide, Valentine, T.Jansson, Ray Wilson, Jessup, Cole, Persson, S.Sjosten and McMillan.

Again interesting reading Martin Rogers'  comments regarding the Old Anglia and Central Junior Leagues quoting "...worthwhile proving ground for young riders on the rise" and "...It should also be noted their presence on the back-end of the programme was a popular value-added component of the night." I always find Martin's observations very pertinent having been General Manager/Promoter/Announcer/Journalist during that era and although I have taken issue with him in the past (which he answered honestly) I find his input very refreshing!

• Like 2