British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Who is financing speedway in Poland ?

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

I thought I made it perfectly clear. I don't see the connection. 

So I ask again. Are you saying things are better now ?

To be honest with you, I am getting bored with all these investigations into corruption.

My answer to your question (whether things are better now) is - I don't know.

And when it comes to corruption in speedway... I have not heard of any.

19 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

To be honest with you, I am getting bored with all these investigations into corruption.

Wasn’t one of the Gollob involved in something a bit dodgy ? Or was it just an accusation ? And wasn’t there accusations of corruption in speedway as recently as 2017 ?

https://gniezno.naszemiasto.pl/tag/korupcja-zuzel-torun

2018 article.....

https://www.speedwaynews.pl/aktualnosci/item/59084-niechciejstwo-korupcja-alkohol-polski-zuzel-januszami-stoi-komentarz

Also see another scandal has hit Bydgoszcz this year, though nothing to do with speedway

https://bydgoszcz.tvp.pl/46221861/biznesmeni-i-oficerowie-wojska-polskiego-z-bydgoszczy-zatrzymani-mieli-ustawiac-przetargi

Edited by iris123

4 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Yes it gets boring when people won't conveniently give up and look the other way.

Regarding the attendance figures that you kindly published they are very revealing. Yes of course Torun's gates have declined. However they are still the envy of any track outside Poland In Britain, and I suspect Sweden the figures would be in collapse, not decline. It does not destroy my argument that attendances are a significant influence on commercial success. If not, why not just let the public in for free? Of course not, despite the TV deals, sponsorship and public subsidy you still need admission income.

Mind you I did help run a speedway team a couple of decades agothat only had gate receipts for a couple of meeting all year. The rest of the Rye House revenue in 1999 was entirely through club memberships, sponsorship and programme sales for the matches held as second halves of double-headers at Mildenhall, which were the majority of fixtures.