British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Books on speedway details

Of course the list could be improved:

TearsandGlory small2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, norbold said:

Some of those books are brilliant....:D

Some great titles there...must also mention the Ivan Mauger book and the one written by Bob Kilby's son, Lee, both great reads as well as Johnnie Hoskins book "Walkabout".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Some great titles there...must also mention  Johnnie Hoskins book "Walkabout".

Yes, as long as you take it with a very large pinch of salt!!!

• Like 2

You can always list them......:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, moxey63 said:

The best books aren't on that list.

I beg to differ. :D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gustix said:

The Link details some books about speedway that have been published in recent years:

http://www.speedwaymuseumonline.co.uk/book-index.html 

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

A very random list of an obscure small fraction of the books published about Speedway.     I have dozens if not hundreds of better speedway books not on that list.

The comment re books NOT on the List is in no way the fault of the website. It's up to the authors and publishers to ensure their books are listed/quoted. May I suggest PotterAround that you rectify these absences by creating your own website and detail the missing speedway books there?

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, gustix said:

. May I suggest PotterAround that you rectify these absences by creating your own website and detail the missing speedway books there?

Why on earth would I want to create a website listing the titles of a hundred or so speedway books?  :unsure:

But since you felt the need to start a topic about a list of speedway books, I'd have expected it to include a lot more of the huge number of well known and popular books, and not just a tiny selection, containing mostly the lesser ones.   It just seems pointless.

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Why on earth would I want to create a website listing the titles of a hundred or so speedway books?  :unsure:

But since you felt the need to start a topic about a list of speedway books, I'd have expected it to include a lot more of the huge number of well known and popular books, and not just a tiny selection, containing mostly the lesser ones.   It just seems pointless.

If you could find a more detailed List of speedway books and post the Link  I am sure thread followers would be delighted to see it PotteringAround.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Here's details of speedway books as on the Defunct Tracks website. I trust it will help meet SOME of your expectations PotteringArund!

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/Books.htm