British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

World U21 championships Final Pardubice Friday 2nd October Live on TV

8 minutes ago, cphx said:

thats classification by sportowe fakty. so Kvech is 5th? wasnt supposed to be like this years GP classification so excluded is worst than 0 and sf count for classification?

I would think it`s normal scoring , so 3rd and 4ths in the semi`s don`t come into it. you will have to wait for the FIM offical result if you disagree.

Edit I`m probably wrong as this is more like what you think it should be http://speedwayu21.com/en/results.html

Edited by racers and royals

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I would think it`s normal scoring , so 3rd and 4ths in the semi`s don`t come into it. you will have to wait for the FIM offical result if you disagree.

thats important for betting :) and I havent seen any official classification. and there's nothing on official u21 champs website (it wasnt updated for year, cause there's still another sponsor in rules) and cant find anything on fim..

2 minutes ago, cphx said:

thats important for betting :) and I havent seen any official classification. and there's nothing on official u21 champs website (it wasnt updated for year, cause there's still another sponsor in rules) and cant find anything on fim..

Have you seen my edit

• Like 1

Just now, racers and royals said:

Have you seen my edit

perfect :D thank you :) Miskowiak abover Kvech is amazing luck then

It is what it is but, poor Jan Kvech scorers 13pts and will go down in the record books as finishing  5th!! I hate the fact that a rider (Petr Chlupac) Can score 7pts and still have as much chance of winning the meeting as ( Jaimon Lidsey 14pts )  I know it's all about keeping in line with other sports, but personally I will never accept it as a fair system. Just like the senior GP's series. Bartosz Zmarzlik has been head and shoulders above the rest of the riders, yet one bad meeting tonight and it will mean nothing. If thats a fair system I'll eat my hat.                 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tyler42 said:

It is what it is but, poor Jan Kvech scorers 13pts and will go down in the record books as finishing  5th!! I hate the fact that a rider (Petr Chlupac) Can score 7pts and still have as much chance of winning the meeting as ( Jaimon Lidsey 14pts )  I know it's all about keeping in line with other sports, but personally I will never accept it as a fair system. Just like the senior GP's series. Bartosz Zmarzlik has been head and shoulders above the rest of the riders, yet one bad meeting tonight and it will mean nothing. If thats a fair system I'll eat my hat.                 

Again, the old World Final system was just as flawed. You could go the whole Championship without dropping a point, and one ride in the final could cost you everything...

6 hours ago, tyler42 said:

I’m all for a final at the end of an event. It’s no different than in football beating every team 8-0 in the FA Cup and then losing in the ‘showcase’ final and coming runner up.

i think for a one off event like this though, 8 going through to the semi finals is way too much. I much prefer the system of rewarding the top 2 to be seeded straight to the final and then 3-6 in the last chance semi. I also like just having the top 4 go straight to the final. It just means there is interest right until the final heat which adds to the drama and overall entertainment of the meeting.

15 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Edit I`m probably wrong as this is more like what you think it should be http://speedwayu21.com/en/results.html

15 hours ago, cphx said:

thats classification by sportowe fakty. so Kvech is 5th? wasnt supposed to be like this years GP classification so excluded is worst than 0 and sf count for classification?

Yes, Kvech with 13 points is officially placed 8th !

Hansen with 9 points is fifth, Chlupac with 8 points is 6th, and Miskowiak again with 9 points is seventh, ahead of Kvech with 13 points in 8th place!  

I am really getting fed up with the F.I.M. and their points system changes in this sport. This is a world of confusion! 

They can't even publish their own results correctly

http://speedwayu21.com/en/results.html

Fienhage has 5 points (not 6), Levyshyn has 5 points (not 4), since Levishyn finished third in Heat 18 ahead of Finhage

How can Fienhage then officially be placed 9th, above Niklas Säyriö in 10th, when Fienhage only has five points, but Sayriö has six !  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

How can Fienhage then officially be placed 9th, above Niklas Säyriö in 10th, when Fienhage only has five points, but Sayriö has six !  

Because Pavel Ondrasik and Giuseppe Grandi say so. They are the ones that have signed the results after probably 30 minutes of going through them in The jury room... :lol: 

Writing results isnt always easy, but this one was.

5 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Because Pavel Ondrasik and Giuseppe Grandi say so. They are the ones that have signed the results after probably 30 minutes of going through them in The jury room... :lol: 

Writing results isnt always easy, but this one was.

what a shame then, the wrong result gets officially approved.

Shambles