British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

World U21 championships Final Pardubice Friday 2nd October Live on TV

The Referee's Results show Fienhage and Sayrio both with 6 points.

Fienhage is 3rd in Heat 18

Levishyn is shown as disqualified.

Edited by Gambo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

From what I’ve witnessed, the jury goes the results through from several papers heat by heat. How come was there a mistake? Not watching that crap meeting again, but easily checked anyway.

13 hours ago, chunky said:

Again, the old World Final system was just as flawed. You could go the whole Championship without dropping a point, and one ride in the final could cost you everything...

Again, as proved yesterday you can score seven points in a world final and still become world champion. Where under an old world final could one have scored even ten points and become world champion?? Your getting qualifying rounds confused with finals.

15 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

Again, as proved yesterday you can score seven points in a world final and still become world champion. Where under an old world final could one have scored even ten points and become world champion?? Your getting qualifying rounds confused with finals.

I'm not getting confused.

1) Regardless of what you may think, the first 20 heats of a GP are now the equivalent of qualifying rounds.

2) in the World Final itself, it was possible to win a World Championship on 10 points. More than that, it was possible to become World Champion without winning a single race during the season

3) Just a reminder, using the GP system from last year, it was possible for a rider to win EVERY GP, yet not finish in the Top 8 standings at the end of the year.

No system is perfect, and just because something CAN happen doesn't mean it will...

You're starting to confuse me now. In the history of the old one off world final not one meeting was won with a score of less than twelve points. So how you have come up with the idea that ten points would have been enough to win seems very confusing? Yesterdays Wu21 was a one off final and thank god the guy who scored 14 points won the meeting. Not someone scoring seven points and scraping into the semi and have a sniff of becoming champion. If you read again what I wrote. I said You could never score 7 points in and old world final and become world champion. You argument is you could score ten points and become champion, but it never happened! in the whole history of the old world finals!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

You're starting to confuse me now. In the history of the old one off world final not one meeting was won with a score of less than twelve points. So how you have come up with the idea that ten points would have been enough to win seems very confusing? Yesterdays Wu21 was a one off final and thank god the guy who scored 14 points won the meeting. Not someone scoring seven points and scraping into the semi and have a sniff of becoming champion. If you read again what I wrote. I said You could never score 7 points in and old world final and become world champion. You argument is you could score ten points and become champion, but it never happened! in the whole history of the old world finals!!

You are clearly confused.

Just because it wasn't won with 10 points doesn't mean it wasn't possible.

An individual GP is not a World Final.

Scoring seven points in one GP won't make you World Champion; it is points accumulation over a whole season.

Seven points will not even win you a GP; you need a minimum of five points on top of that seven to get you a win. A GP win requires SEVEN races, not just the first five.

Edited by chunky

32 minutes ago, chunky said:

You are clearly confused.

Just because it wasn't won with 10 points doesn't mean it wasn't possible.

An individual GP is not a World Final.

Scoring seven points in one GP won't make you World Champion; it is points accumulation over a whole season.

Seven points will not even win you a GP; you need a minimum of five points on top of that seven to get you a win. A GP win requires SEVEN races, not just the first five.

1) It never happened.

2) We were talking about yesterdays Wu21 in czeco not a GP meeting. The clue might have been that I posted it on the wu21 thread and not the GP thread.

3) Read above, Seven points was scored by the young czech in the u21 meeting.which was not part of series of meetings, but a one off meeting.

4) You keep mentioning GP's why? We are not debating GP's? I commented in this thread (u21 thread) on how a guy in a one off world u21 final had a chance of winning having only scored 7 points. 

1 minute ago, tyler42 said:

1) It never happened.

2) We were talking about yesterdays Wu21 in czeco not a GP meeting. The clue might have been that I posted it on the wu21 thread and not the GP thread.

3) Read above, Seven points was scored by the young czech in the u21 meeting.which was not part of series of meetings, but a one off meeting.

4) You keep mentioning GP's why? We are not debating GP's? I commented in this thread (u21 thread) on how a guy in a one off world u21 final had a chance of winning having only scored 7 points. 

Different systems are - different.

They are the same for ALL riders competing.

A system used as a "qualifier" means that at the next stage, everyone starts from scratch. Again, everyone knows it, and it's the same for everyone.

No system is - or will be - perfect.

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Different systems are - different.

They are the same for ALL riders competing.

A system used as a "qualifier" means that at the next stage, everyone starts from scratch. Again, everyone knows it, and it's the same for everyone.

No system is - or will be - perfect.

I agree no system is perfect, but surely no one could doubt that last years systems was the fairest by miles! What you score is what you get. Anyway I'm far too old to understand these new rules they keep bringing in. I will just enjoy the racing :cheers:

3 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

Anyway I'm far too old to understand these new rules they keep bringing in. I will just enjoy the racing :cheers:

Some people on here can't even do that...

Just now, tyler42 said:

Your bloody well right there!!

Over the years, there have been a lot of changes made that didn't need to be (and weren't beneficial), but I certainly don't let poxy things like the "Joker" stop me from watching and enjoying racing...

Just remember, these people refuse to watch, yet still claim they are "speedway fans"!

8 hours ago, Gambo said:

Thanks, that disqualification of Levishyn in heat 18 explains it, why Fienhage got one more and Levishyn one less than we thought.

15 hours ago, chunky said:

I'm not getting confused.

1) Regardless of what you may think, the first 20 heats of a GP are now the equivalent of qualifying rounds.

2) in the World Final itself, it was possible to win a World Championship on 10 points. More than that, it was possible to become World Champion without winning a single race during the season

3) Just a reminder, using the GP system from last year, it was possible for a rider to win EVERY GP, yet not finish in the Top 8 standings at the end of the year.

No system is perfect, and just because something CAN happen doesn't mean it will...

16 hours ago, tyler42 said:

Whatever the points scoring system surely the point of a World Championship GP series is to find out who the best rider in the world is for that year. If you accept that then surely you must choose the best mathematical points scoring system to find that rider. You could run 20 "qualifying heats" and then just draw lots afterwards to award points, that maybe the rules for that season it doesn't mean you're finding the best rider though.

Am I right in thinking that riders have made a semi final with 6 points in the past? if so taking things to an extreme 8 x 6pts in each round with 2nd in each semi and last in each final means 64 points, where as 8 last place finals using the current system bags you 112 points. I'm no mathematician and this is very much back of the fag packet stuff but 112 would have got you 4th place this year where as 64 would have gotten you 10th.

The powers that be need to decide if they're trying to find the best rider in the world or whether they're trying to make each GP a world final