British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve19620

Canterbury v Red Star 30 August 1980

Hi there.

As part of my ongoing research into the 1980 season, can anybody resolve the following query please ?

I need to clarify Barney Kennett's and Kevin Brice's points scored in this meeting. The Speedway Star states that Kennett scored 7 and Brice 2 points respectively. however the Peter Oakes yearbook and the Speedway Mail states that Kennett scored 6 and Brice 3 points. The issue appears to lie in Heat 7 on whom finished third and fourth for Canterbury. Does anybody have a completed programme from this meeting to confirm the correct placings and points scored for Kennett and Brice ? In same meeting, can it be confirmed that Denzil Kent rode as a Tactical Sub in heat 10 as the Speedway Star heat details show Kent only scoring 6 points instead of 7 points as reported in the yearbook and Speedway Mail.

Thanks for reading.

12 minutes ago, steve19620 said:

Hi there.

As part of my ongoing research into the 1980 season, can anybody resolve the following query please ?

I need to clarify Barney Kennett's and Kevin Brice's points scored in this meeting. The Speedway Star states that Kennett scored 7 and Brice 2 points respectively. however the Peter Oakes yearbook and the Speedway Mail states that Kennett scored 6 and Brice 3 points. The issue appears to lie in Heat 7 on whom finished third and fourth for Canterbury. Does anybody have a completed programme from this meeting to confirm the correct placings and points scored for Kennett and Brice ? In same meeting, can it be confirmed that Denzil Kent rode as a Tactical Sub in heat 10 as the Speedway Star heat details show Kent only scoring 6 points instead of 7 points as reported in the yearbook and Speedway Mail.

Thanks for reading.

Have you tried the SPEEDWAY RESEARCHER? This Link may prove of use?

https://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/canterbury1980.pdf

Thanks for this Gustix - unfortunately the details are copied from the heat results published in Speedway Star. Does anybody have a completed race card from this meeting? 

29 minutes ago, steve19620 said:

Thanks for this Gustix - unfortunately the details are copied from the heat results published in Speedway Star. Does anybody have a completed race card from this meeting? 

I do, i went to the meeting. I will try and dig it out tomorrow.

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

works fine for me !!!

Mustn’t work on iphone - will try on my PC

Over to you Cityrebel - different scores for Barney Kennett and Denzil Kent.

Could you check your programme ? - according to Dave's scan Kennett scores 9, Kent 5 and Brice 2 !

Cheers.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:28 PM, steve19620 said:

Over to you Cityrebel - different scores for Barney Kennett and Denzil Kent.

Could you check your programme ? - according to Dave's scan Kennett scores 9, Kent 5 and Brice 2 !

Cheers.

Right Steve, I've finally found my completed programme. Barney Kennett did score 7 and Kevin Brice 2. Kennett finished third in front of Brice in heat 7. Denzil Kent did take a tac sub ride in heat 10 and scored a total of 7 points.