British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Kylmäkorpi

Just seen this report on Joonas and how he is coping after a couple of operations. A pelvis and late last year a new knee

https://www.speedweek.com/langbahngp/news/155159/Vierfacher-Champion-Was-aus-Joonas-Kylmaekorpi-wurde.html

"Back then I broke my thigh and pelvis while doing flat track training, it was a horrific fall," said the Finn. «I then had two operations, but these did not produce a satisfactory result. Although I and a world-class medical team did everything, this injury meant the end of my career. » Kylmäkorpi, who lives in Andorra, now has two flourishing companies: one is responsible for the distribution of snus (oral tobacco); the Unic brand designs and manufactures special mountain bike clothing. He is always there with his buddies Leon Camier and Chaz Davies, both of whom are professionals in the Superbike World Championship. The last time I met him was at MotorLand Aragon in Spain at the end of November - again on crutches. "I got an artificial knee, now I should be restored soon," Joonas smiled. «Since March 2017, I could only run if I took morphine. Then I realized that I need an artificial pelvis. That was done then, now the rest. »

• Like 1

always a fan of joonas , good to see he's doing well . still annoys me that no one filmed at his testimonial . thanks for the news iris 123

• Like 1