British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Greg Hancock - happy retirement

13 hours ago, therefused said:

Most overrated rider ever 

13 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Most boring B)

I find both these posts slightly odd to say the least. I would be the first to admit the Greg Hancock isn't my favourite rider but anyone who is a multi World Champ, has had the longevity that he has and has ridden at the highest class be it SGP or any league throughout his career must be regarded as one of the best ever and a legend of our sport.

• Like 4

One of the best to ever throw his leg over a Speedway bike. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. Was intrigued to see if Greg could have mixed it still this season but it wasn’t to be, some things are more important, family being one of them. Hope he has a happy retirement. 

• Like 2

A time comes when it is the right time to retire.

in this case. It is mainly a family based decision.

He has been a great servant to the sport.....

I would rather him retire now rather than continue with his form and results slide in to mediocrity.

Happy retirement

Yes, not the most exciting rider but neither was Fundin. However, anyone who wins 4 World Titles cannot be regarded as anything other than a legend. 

Ive never liked Hancock but theres no doubting his achievements. I personally wont miss him from the sport but he is a legend of it 

• Like 2

Can only echo everyone else, happy retirement 

He was my least favourite rider of all time tbh but hes a 4x world champ. Cant fault that. 

But could he have not waited one more day to announce it. Yesterday was a day  to celebrate danny ayres life but ended up everyone talking about hancock. Made it all about himself. Pretty selfish 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He was my least favourite rider of all time tbh burned a 4x world champ. Cant fault that. 

But could he have not waited one more day to announce it. Yesterday was a day  to celebrate danny ayres life but ended up everyone talking about hancock. Made it all about himself. Pretty selfish 

Absolutely, it gave a glimpse of the real person behind the cheesy grin ...

Expect the Hancock fan boys will all be triggered now :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Absolutely, it gave a glimpse of the real person behind the cheesy grin ...

Expect the Hancock fan boys will all be triggered now :)

Had a few of them on twitter already 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

He was my least favourite rider of all time tbh but hes a 4x world champ. Cant fault that. 

Did Greg’s retirement really detract from the deserved send off Danny got? I don’t think so, let’s not make this an issue where one is played off against the other. Is it really worth it for a few likes on an Internet forum. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Did Greg’s retirement really detract from the deserved send off Danny got? I don’t think so, let’s not make this an issue where one is played off against the other. Is it really worth it for a few likes on an Internet forum. 

You absolute ****

If you think I posted it for a few internet likes then please put me on ignore and dont ever reply to my comments. 

Really offended me that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Don't talk such absolute BS.

Are you suggesting people are incapable of doing two things? 

A very sad post from a Hancock hater. His retirement had absolutely zero impact on any celebration of Danny Ayres life or any respects paid to him.

And no, I'm far from a Hancock fan boy given he is, was and always will be a Spoon :)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

You absolute ****

If you think I posted it for a few internet likes then please put me on ignore and dont ever reply to my comments. 

Really offended me that. 

Good, glad you are offended.

It's offensive you should use the name of Danny Ayres for such a selfish post. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

You absolute ****

Really offended me that. 

Why did you post it then? What exactly were you trying to achieve? Wasn’t a comment that needed to be made. 

Well done for the name calling too. Takes a big person. 

Edited by Ben91

Phil making an arse of himself again.

Never liked him , heard stories from someone linked to PUK about his time at Oxford with Hancock and they didn’t make good hearing , pretty dull to watch as well but can’t take his four titles away from him. An all time great on track without a doubt. 

why on earth Danny Ayres funeral has been brought into this thread only a buffoon like Phil the Ace would know.