British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Victor Boston's French Speedway Troupe

From the mid-1950s into the early 1970s Victor Boston operated a touring group of speedway riders. Among them were George Bason, Stan Tebby, Pete Rogers, Eric Jolly, Ray Liston. This thread is an attempt to recall some of those memories. Special thanks to Terry-Jean MacFarlane-Stone for the 1960s poster image.

The photo of George Bason was taken at Liverpool in 1949. The photos of Pete Rogers and Eric Jolly at California-in-England Reunion Days circa 2010. The photo of French rider Claude Boston and Stan Tebby in Franca circa 1968.

Any recollections of the Boston Troupe's speedway activities over the years would be appreciated.

No photo description available.
Image may contain: one or more people
Image may contain: one or more people, motorcycle and outdoor
Image may contain: 1 person, bicycle, motorcycle and outdoor
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing
Edited by Guest
spelling error

Alberto Sirvan was a Spanish rider with the Boston Troupe in 1957. The group photo shows - 1957 Alberto Sirvan (Spain), Victor Boston, Peter Gay, Claude Boston (France), Bill McGregor.

Image may contain: 5 people, outdoor

Edited by Guest
spelling error

1957 Alberto Sirvan (Spain), left, and Belle´Vue junior Ted Connor.

Image may contain: one or more people

Edited by Guest
name check

I have received a Facebook message from a Dutch rider - Jan Kuiypers - who said he spent the 1956 and 1957 seasons with the Victor Boston Troupe.

Nigel Rackett (England) on left rode in France in 1968. He is seen with Victor and Claude Boston.

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, car and outdoor

Edited by Guest
name check

19 minutes ago, gustix said:
Nigel Rackett (England) on left rode in France in 1968. He is seen with Victor and Claude Boston.

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, car and outdoor

This site has Nigel first riding in the league in 1970. I guess he was just a second half er when he went to France ? Obviously this troupe weren’t top riders, but I wonder if he had much experience at all or are there a few years missing from the website ?

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/2442/nigel-rackett

10 hours ago, gustix said:

I have received a Facebook message from a Dutch rider - Jan Kuiypers - who said he spent the 1956 and 1957 seasons with the Victor Boston Troupe.

The Dutch rider Jan Kuiypers has now sent this follow up message: "... I also race there in 1967 to 1972..."