British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Jack Chiswell remembered RIP

Jack Chiswell passed away in 2019. RIP.

Jack Chiswell, 1928 pioneer rider. He rode at High Beech in 1928 and later for Preston and Lea Bridge.

Image may contain: 1 person, bicycle and outdoor
Image may contain: 1 person, motorcycle
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, motorcycle and outdoor
Image may contain: 2 people, bicycle
Image may contain: one or more people and people standing, possible text that says 'रા6ા ND'
Edited by Guest
RIP Year

Passed away last year? Must have been getting on a bit then? Even if he was only 16 in 1928, he would have been 107 or so...

Baffled by this. Jack Chiswell died in 2001 when he was 93 years of age!!! Certainly not around in 2019 when he would be 111 years old. Take a rest Gustix you’re posting a lot of incorrect things recently.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Baffled by this. Jack Chiswell died in 2001 when he was 93 years of age!!! Certainly not around in 2019 when he would be 111 years old. Take a rest Gustix you’re posting a lot of incorrect things recently.

Thanks for that! I was a little baffled myself...

9 hours ago, chunky said:

Passed away last year? Must have been getting on a bit then? Even if he was only 16 in 1928, he would have been 107 or so...

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

8 hours ago, chunky said:

Thanks for that! I was a little baffled myself...

Correct. Jack Chiswell passed away in 2001. A case of mistyping then not checking on my part. And also not wearing my spectacles. In the bottom photo Jack is on the left. The other person is his nephew Roy.

Edited by Guest
spelling error

Jack and his brother Frank both appeared at the Hamburg Dirt Track in 1929 along with Ham Burrill, Len Myerscough and Claude Rye all Preston riders 

their exploits are featured here

Edited by iris123