British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Premiership Junior League

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Promotions in the top flight are protecting their own product. Lets face it Buster had no league until he dragged other clubs in, the mafia want a two tier structure with 10 teams in each and the only way that will become possible is to dismantle the NL and force some teams up and the others out. Promotions have little interest in the development of upcoming talent until they are already showing signs of being a useful recruit. The BSPA are the decision makers who have driven out several amateur promotions over petty reasons however in Buster, Louis & Bates we trust forget Godfrey he is just the comedy puppet who is the public face of the blunders.

Unfortunately I think that is pretty accurate and I fear for the few remaining stand alone clubs in the NL like the IOW, although hope I'm wrong. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

On a positive note, when are the Premiership Junior League fixtures out. Some people need to plan.

I thought they were running after every league meeting?

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 3:11 PM, gazzac said:

Unfortunately I think that is pretty accurate and I fear for the few remaining stand alone clubs in the NL like the IOW, although hope I'm wrong. 

With only 3 stand alone clubs left in the NDL now, and with Plymouth actually wanting to move up  surely now is the time to help these 3 clubs to step up.Restructure both top leagues, 1home 1 away league plus knock out cup and early season trophy with both premiership and championship clubs running junior leagues after meetings. That way fans of all clubs can see local riders develop as seasons progress 

9 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I thought they were running after every league meeting?

Are they? Or will they meet just once home and away?

56 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Prem is Home/Away twice but the junior league is only 1 home/1 away

Has that been confirmed anywhere? Last whispers i heard were that it was going to be regionalised which is slightly off when there is only 7 teams to start with.

47 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Has that been confirmed anywhere? Last whispers i heard were that it was going to be regionalised which is slightly off when there is only 7 teams to start with.

I heard the same as Falcon1983, but can't remember from where (probably Speedway Star) 

Quite clear that it isn't regionalised (All seven clubs will field their own four-man team, who will race their opponents over six heats on a one-home, one-away basis after Premiership matches between the respective sides.) but as the Premiership isn't exactly a nationwide competition like the Championship, the travel isn't too big a burden.

Six home meetings can be accomodated in the warmer, lighter summer nights when spectators are happier to stay on to watch the juniors.    As long as the promoters all take it seriously, use their own junior riders and encourage spectarors to stay and watch, it can succeed.   

All it needs to be a success is for one gilt-edged UK prospect to emerge from this mini-league every year, and that's job done.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Quite clear that it isn't regionalised (All seven clubs will field their own four-man team, who will race their opponents over six heats on a one-home, one-away basis after Premiership matches between the respective sides.) but as the Premiership isn't exactly a nationwide competition like the Championship, the travel isn't too big a burden.

Six home meetings can be accomodated in the warmer, lighter summer nights when spectators are happier to stay on to watch the juniors.    As long as the promoters all take it seriously, use their own junior riders and encourage spectarors to stay and watch, it can succeed.   

All it needs to be a success is for one gilt-edged UK prospect to emerge from this mini-league every year, and that's job done.

" use their own riders" ? Now that's interesting as most of the club's haven't run second half races for years and the fact that Sheffield are having to advertise for riders shows that the league already has issues. Add the fact that the matches will be run on ' school nights ' ( Monday's-Thursday's ) then the real yougsters out there are going to have to take time off school to attend most tracks in this league.

I hope it does work but I see it just being the MDL/SDL riders being cherry picked or NL riders being classed as juniors as there isn't enough NEW youngsters to fill these teams.

16 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Whilst i know you are regurgitating the spin that has been fed out so far i shall be keeping this post stored away as i strongly suspect not one statement will become reality. 

3 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

" use their own riders" ? Now that's interesting as most of the club's haven't run second half races for years and the fact that Sheffield are having to advertise for riders shows that the league already has issues. Add the fact that the matches will be run on ' school nights ' ( Monday's-Thursday's ) then the real yougsters out there are going to have to take time off school to attend most tracks in this league.

I hope it does work but I see it just being the MDL/SDL riders being cherry picked or NL riders being classed as juniors as there isn't enough NEW youngsters to fill these teams.

I also have a sneaky suspicion it will be out of work NL riders posing as juniors. I would also be very surprised if riders actually ride at their local tracks geographically and just end up where they want/get picked. I fear it has a season at best before the plug is pulled just like last time.

• Like 1