British Speedway Forum
Argos

Jason Crump

I think he'll do pretty well and you have to add on the points his team mates will gain by learning from him. I would think on top of the points he scores you can expect another 5 a meeting (especially away) from helping his team with set ups and coaching.

• Like 2

I really can’t see him doing a lot to be honest. 

hes the wrong side of 40, been retired from pro racing 8 years , he seems to of put on a bit of timber as well. His reflexes will be nowhere near as good as they were before. 

wouldnt be so bad if coming in at second string, however as number one? 

that all being said, hope he does come back and be a success as he was a superb rider in his day who you couldn’t help but admire. Superb professional. 

• Haha 2

I think it is fantastic news we have Crump back and I think he can score a lot of points also he will be invaluable in the pits and will help the younger ones.

• Like 1

It'll be very interesting to see how much help he can give to set-ups on the away tracks that he hasn't ridden for years?! The machinery, shale, shape and track prep could be so different to anything he may still have in his little black book of British tracks!! 

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It'll be very interesting to see how much help he can give to set-ups on the away tracks that he hasn't ridden for years?! The machinery, shale, shape and track prep could be so different to anything he may still have in his little black book of British tracks!! 

My thoughts too.

There’s absolutely no doubt he will be getting folk through the turnstile at a rate of knots, especially the first few meetings at Foxhall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Even if the track has changed drastically, which mostly they won't have, he can set up a bike to be spot on after one race while less experienced riders will be chasing the set up all night.

• Like 3

A lot has been said on this subject already by myself included ,above all it is great that he wants to race will have the best kit money can buy  so lets just saviour the prospect we have lost one w/champ from the sport and another is returning .

If he can stay clear of injury and not get tangled up chasing points or go to war with Doyle or Niki Ped he should be able to hold his own if not sparkle from time to time as the rider of old .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Odds On said:

great to see Jason Crump back in the saddle but the biggest question is why?

Couple of reasons been discussed on the forum, he is over here for the summer anyway as his lad races road bikes and also he has said that he has ‘a scratch to itch’.

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Couple of reasons been discussed on the forum, he is over here for the summer anyway as his lad races road bikes 

I’ve seen a few saying this, but he’s just done an interview with Mike Bacon of the local paper, who asks if any family are coming with him. He goes on to say his son Seth has one more year at school, and his wife will come over a few times during the season. So maybe it’s purely a racing decision from his part?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

There’s absolutely no doubt he will be getting folk through the turnstile at a rate of knots, especially the first few meetings at Foxhall. 

500 or so non regulars minimum I would expect.. 

At every track too, until the novelty wears off..

If you can get 500 or so on the gate then that's around £10k with the programmes.. 

Three or four matches of those numbers and it would boost the season.. 

Presume if not all, a large part of his salary will be sponsored as he wont be cheap I would have thought..?

Looking forward to the Peter Craven meeting now...

Always a cracking meeting but now made a 'must go' event..