British Speedway Forum
Argos

Jason Crump

The fact that Jason Crump is riding premier league Speedway 2020 for Ipswich is due to a unique combination of circumstances!

To compare this with any other situation is not a true comparison. Jason's tallent/record puts him in speedways all time top ten.

Rejoyce all U.K. speedway fans Jason & Niki will be putting "bums on seats".

• Like 4

As the name suggests, I am a big Jason Crump fan. Had no inkling that he was coming back to ride in England so to put it mildly I was over the proverbial.......whatever the reasons its just great to hopefully see him ride again. Same goes for NP.

7 hours ago, crumpiefan said:

As the name suggests, I am a big Jason Crump fan. Had no inkling that he was coming back to ride in England so to put it mildly I was over the proverbial.......whatever the reasons its just great to hopefully see him ride again. Same goes for NP.

Can only be a good thing for the sport.,

Maybe it can be a catalyst for it similar to the way 'marquee' signings helped the (then) struggling MLS in North America..?

Top level competitors coming towards the end of their careers, but with still enough talent to compete, and a name and reputation that resonates outside the sport's own followers..

On the rare occasions I attend GB League Speedway I go to watch 'the speedway' with no regards as to who wins so the odd 'legend or two' on view will definitely stir my interest..

Hopefully do the same for a few more 'lapsed fans' around the country too..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Can only be a good thing for the sport.,

Maybe it can be a catalyst for it similar to the way 'marquee' signings helped the (then) struggling MLS in North America..?

Top level competitors coming towards the end of their careers, but with still enough talent to compete, and a name and reputation that resonates outside the sport's own followers..

On the rare occasions I attend GB League Speedway I go to watch 'the speedway' with no regards as to who wins so the odd 'legend or two' on view will definitely stir my interest..

Hopefully do the same for a few more 'lapsed fans' around the country too..

I think this was true of the old NL in the 70's you would get a few old time greats drop down at the end of their career's and do a season or two ,I remember watching   Ken McKinlay  helping riders in between races with setup in his Scunthorpe days ,got 9 paid 11 on the night aswell .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

I think this was true of the old NL in the 70's you would get a few old time greats drop down at the end of their career's and do a season or two ,I remember watching   Ken McKinlay  helping riders in between races with setup in his Scunthorpe days ,got 9 paid 11 on the night aswell .

Ken came to workington in 1975 on a jap and scored a maximum as scunny beat the comets who had a top team that year.

I remember Peter Moore at Rayleigh in 1973 - unusual for the times handlebars with a very upright style.

He would have been around the same age as Jason is now.

15 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Ken came to workington in 1975 on a jap and scored a maximum as scunny beat the comets who had a top team that year.

It must have been the only time Scunny won away in that era. :cry: The Quibell Park days were not the most successful times for Scunthorpe

We his son born in the U.K. , 

On 2/22/2020 at 10:02 AM, M.D said:

He's riding in the BSB supersport 300 class this year..

;)

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Quiet smile... 

You should know better than to believe every word of a press release. It’s some of the truth, but is it the whole truth?