British Speedway Forum
Argos

Jason Crump

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Did I read that Seth has one more year education back in Oz still tho?

He's riding in the BSB supersport 300 class this year..

• Like 1

I think once he settles in he will be within a hairs breadth of being as fast as ever out on his own but a little less likely to take big chances for a point and probably less forceful in the first corner. He will consistently gate most of the riders he comes up against though so I would expect his average to be about a point short of Pedersen and put him up near the leagues top guys. What he loses in aggression I would expect him to gain most of back in consistency at our league level. Very different from trying to win in Poland or the GP's.

• Like 1

Hello dose anyone know if Jason is signed up in Poland or any where else other then the uk ? .

On 2/20/2020 at 8:00 AM, Steve Irving said:

People need to stop making comparisons to riders in the past who made comebacks. Someone even used his father Phil as an example. But look at the strength of the teams that they were returning to, even the reserves back then were quality. Having a look at the “strength” of the line ups on the BSPA website, I don’t see an awful lot that will frighten him. He’ll still have the measure of your Palm Tofts of this world. 7.5 average or thereabouts. 

The reserves back then weren't quality at all.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:29 PM, acef said:

Well that is somewhat surprising reading that Seth still has a year in school. My understanding was that he was coming over this year.

Makes Jason’s decision even more intriguing actually, he’s upping sticks again well away from family to race. He must certainly be keen for this and makes it purely a racing decision rather than a family one.

Good luck to him.

Indeed, I was surprised at that given the posts on this forum.

That does make it all the more positive for Ipswich I believe and it isn't just a 'working holiday' so to speak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Indeed, I was surprised at that given the posts on this forum.

That does make it all the more positive for Ipswich I believe and it isn't just a 'working holiday' so to speak.

He probably wants to hang out with Mark Webber

Doyle

Bitch

Pedersen 

Iversen

Cook

On 2/20/2020 at 9:06 AM, Spiderman1 said:

Rumour has it that crump can’t wait to kick some pommy ass and it can’t come sooner ,been awhile

Born in Bristol, schooled in Swindon, blaady Pom:D 

Edited by auntie doris

4 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Doyle

Bitch

Pedersen 

Iversen

Cook

Who is C(g)rumpy now? Who you calling a bitch, Doyle or Pedersen? ;)  

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Who is C(g)rumpy now? Who you calling a bitch, Doyle or Pedersen? ;)  

Sorry should have spelt Batch..bleary predictive text;)

54 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Ok. 

Phil Crump returned in 1990.

Some reserves were literally half a lap behind in those days.

You had riders such as Bryan Larner, Phil Disney, Max Schofield, Mike Lewthwaite, Andy Meredith, Lee Coleman, Mark Robinson, David Haynes, John Bostin, Paul Dugard, Nathan Murray, David Steen to give a few examples.

They weren't quality and far far lower than current reserves are.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Phil Crump returned in 1990.

Some reserves were literally half a lap behind in those days.

You had riders such as Bryan Larner, Phil Disney, Max Schofield, Mike Lewthwaite, Andy Meredith, Lee Coleman, Mark Robinson, David Haynes, John Bostin, Paul Dugard, Nathan Murray, David Steen to give a few examples.

They weren't quality and far far lower than current reserves are.

But the league as a whole is far far far lower in standard now aswell its juts the gap between second string and reserve is not so wide. Just a loom at the reading team from September 1990 shows that. Doncaster, Wiltshire,andersson, jonsson and castanga the 1 to 5.

Crump will be fine after a few meetings I'd expect a return of 7.75 to 8.00

3 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

But the league as a whole is far far far lower in standard now aswell its juts the gap between second string and reserve is not so wide. Just a loom at the reading team from September 1990 shows that. Doncaster, Wiltshire,andersson, jonsson and castanga the 1 to 5.

Crump will be fine after a few meetings I'd expect a return of 7.75 to 8.00

Of course top 5's are a different issue altogether.