British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Peter Craven Memorial (Belle Vue) 21.03.20

12 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

What about compulsory 14 day quarantine for riders ( Brady Kurtz, Daniel Bewley, Sam Masters, Troy Batchelor) arriving from Poland?

Just a shambles, it appears you can do what you want if your considered an Elite Sportsman,( whatever that is).They are bulletproof to the virus.

Edited by Fromafar

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Just a shambles, it appears you can do what you want if your considered an Elite Sportsman,( whatever that is).They are bulletproof to the virus.

Think it more the point that within the sporting bubbles they are tested and showing as negative between events/travelling - hence the exemptions

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think it more the point that within the sporting bubbles they are tested and showing as negative between events/travelling - hence the exemptions

I’d like to know what the actual testing procedures consist of,who pays for all the testing ,when are they done ,Will all the riders and officials be tested at Berwick and when we’re they done,it’s all very vague.Were the riders And officials for tomorrow tested and results known.?

Look at NKI as an example,tested Negitive at Hospital after crash with Woffy tested positive on the Wed.Bewley rode in that meeting,but probably not really in contact with NKI but was there.They tell you the incubation period could be up to 11-14 days,it all to vague for me.

How are all the footballers catching it if they are in their “bubble”.Making it up as they go along.IMO

ps.

Not speedway,but just read that Wasps are being aloud to play Exeter in the RugbyFinal at the week-end despite 11 Covid cases at the Club in the last week.!! You couldn’t make it it up.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

image.png.f4f8712cd75244b63d5ceb523badc6b2.png

Interesting race format for the Last Chance qualifier and Final. Nice to see it being mixed up a little, NSS is certainly wide enough for a 6 rider race.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Interesting race format for the Last Chance qualifier and Final. Nice to see it being mixed up a little, NSS is certainly wide enough for a 6 rider race.

Freddie's not riding is he? Scrape through on 7, come 3rd in heat 21 and win the final. Simple.

On a serious note. With 6 riders chasing the same piece of shale in turn 1, I do hope it's not wet.

Is that serious - a six rider race at BV, a final at that. Hope it doesn’t end in tears (a hugh crash).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is that serious - a six rider race at BV, a final at that. Hope it doesn’t end in tears (a hugh crash).

Typical Speedway decision.Cant see the riders giving their all in that situation,it’s a great track but it’s not Parduvice!!

• Like 1

I'd say top 3 get choice of gates and winner of semi gets last pick at tapes and the other two start behind them. 6 off the start is asking for trouble for no reason

43 minutes ago, bruno said:

I'd say top 3 get choice of gates and winner of semi gets last pick at tapes and the other two start behind them. 6 off the start is asking for trouble for no reason

Top 4 in Final would be the sensible Option.

• Like 1

6 rider races is not a new thing. The golden helmet does it every year. 

I think you are underestimating the width of the NSS.

Kudos to the management for trying something new. And the riders agreed to ride in it knowing the format so they are happy. 

Also the prize fund (whatever that is) stays the same despite the current situation so fair play to the management for that 

22 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

6 rider races is not a new thing. The golden helmet does it every year. 

I think you are underestimating the width of the NSS.

Kudos to the management for trying something new. And the riders agreed to ride in it knowing the format so they are happy. 

Also the prize fund (whatever that is) stays the same despite the current situation so fair play to the management for that 

Not underestimating the width of NSS,but it  nowhere near the same width of Paradibice where the Golden Helmet is held.Hope it all goes well.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

They had some trial 6 man races many years ago. it was fine at Hyde road with those wide bends.

Other tracks declared it unsafe.... only because a lot of British tracks are too narrow for 6 riders going in to the first bend.

NSS will be fine with 17 m width on the bends... looking forward to it

Just said to the wife I've booked the speedway for tomorrow but I've got to go out now so will have to watch it Friday just my luck it's raining Friday I bet it's off. Anyone get why she called me a prat 

• Haha 1